Cat 400x drum brake

Does anyone have information on how to do a drum brake/sprocket set up like the cat r4002? Did they have different wheels? I don't see how a drum sprocket would line up properly on the current wheel IMG_20200112_173644.jpg

45t

You need the drum style sprocket in order for the drum brake set up to work. Also, there should be a tab welded to the frame where the brake fork sets it. Your setup (sprocket and frame) is set up for disc brake. Attached is a pic of a drum brake sprocket

Attachments

markus

They used a wheel hub that had a deeper offset flange, BMI karts has them as they bought out Dave Libberton's old HPE/muskin stock he had. I don't think you can find the one piece drum sprocket that HPE used, but the Lomart used brakes and sprockets also found at BMI, again out of Dave's old stock (he bought out parts lots many moons ago), can probably be made to work but you will have to drill some new mounting holes, and you can bolt on the sprocket to them. they used the same brake plate that the later cats used.

heres the link to BMI's vintage stock where those parts can be found: https://www.bmikarts.com/Vintage-Minibike-Parts

you can see the brake stay tab pretty good on this duster chopper I used to own:

Heres the OG sprocket on the wheel:

and the brake plate:

They used a wheel hub that had a deeper offset flange, BMI karts has them as they bought out Dave Libberton's old HPE/muskin stock he had. I don't think you can find the one piece drum sprocket that HPE used, but the Lomart used brakes and sprockets also found at BMI, again out of Dave's old stock (he bought out parts lots many moons ago), can probably be made to work but you will have to drill some new mounting holes, and you can bolt on the sprocket to them. they used the same brake plate that the later cats used.

heres the link to BMI's vintage stock where those parts can be found: https://www.bmikarts.com/Vintage-Minibike-Parts

you can see the brake stay tab pretty good on this duster chopper I used to own:

Heres the OG sprocket on the wheel:

and the brake plate:
Wow! I can't believe he still has some. That's incredible. Before I pull the trigger, how well do they actually work? I have a clutch brake on the bike currently (which works well but I want to run a torque converter).