Cat 99 TC advice needed

Biffmini

I'm going to clean up the old Comet Cat 99. I picked up a belt a while back, I've been looking for the bronze idler bushing & not finding Cat 99 specsific
parts. Also thinking about the buttons & spring. Have the parts been discontinued for to long to find?

The bronze bushing I have looks a little thin & pretty sloppy on the hub.
Maybe I can use a 30 series bushing.....

All I know about TC's is a little reading 15685856204738574202763918821632.jpg
Could use any cleaning & maintenance advice I can get. I want to do it right!

Cuda54

Make sure you sand the belt contact surfaces really smooth or it will eat the belts up. It would not be hard to get bushing made. I found a web site that had the spring and buttons. I will have to look that back up for you. Mine had a black spring in it too. How wide is your belt? I do not think it is a 99 I think your is a early 20 or 30 as your driven does not look like my driven.

Biffmini

Make sure you sand the belt contact surfaces really smooth or it will eat the belts up. It would not be hard to get bushing made. I found a web site that had the spring and buttons. I will have to look that back up for you. Mine had a black spring in it too. How wide is your belt? I do not think it is a 99 I think your is a early 20 or 30 as your driven does not look like my driven.
5/8" belt, yellow spring & round buttons on driver. Started cleaning driven.
1568660973469413298666473420205.jpg

Check out Belt Palace . They carry Comet clutch and Torque Convertor parts . They also bought out a lot of the brake parts for Super Broncs from Ron Kimball when they closed down . I bought my Cat 88 belts from them .

Biffmini

Check out Belt Palace . They carry Comet clutch and Torque Convertor parts . They also bought out a lot of the brake parts for Super Broncs from Ron Kimball when they closed down . I bought my Cat 88 belts from them .
Thanks, yankee-bears
Belt Palace, had what I needed. Yea!