Cat Brake caliber

That was a awesome read. Just need patience and time. I am taking every part when time permits and cleaning, stripping and shining up. Thank you for the valuable info.

Ok so I now have a K&H caliber and some parts for it. Seems like a simple design ! I am in no rush but if someone can send me a closeup or a parts diagram when site is repaired that would be awesome.

capguncowboy

They used a black plastic throttle mechanism. I don't know that a name has ever been pinpointed. Here's a pic. They did use the Cross branded Gran Turismo Grips 2016-05-26 15.22.33.jpg 2016-05-26 15.22.53.jpg

2014-12-13 16.46.51.jpg

capguncowboy

To add to this, they DID use a slightly different version on the early bikes. Notice it doesn't have the ridges on the plastic portion like the later version. Perhaps they added that for looks or maybe that was a weak spot for the originals.

2016-11-14 14.51.53.jpg 2016-11-14 14.51.56.jpg

It seems like all the pictures I view have different ones on them even stock photos. I picked up a 400x that looks original and must have had the throttle one replaced. Will add photos when I get home tonight

capguncowboy

Yeah, the plastic throttles are a hard to find in good shape. These were bikes for kids. They were rough on them and the plastic pieces (and a lot of the metal pieces) didn't survive the rides.