Cat Chrome Mini-Bike Guards (Bitch Fest)

As a reminder, before making a post in the Classifieds section, it is important to read the rules first. This section is not the place for "BSing," and had I realized I was posting a response in the Classified Section to what was actually a "Rant" I would have just locked the thread. I've made that mistake twice now, I apologize.

As a reminder, before making a post in the Classifieds section, it is important to read the rules first. This section is not the place for "BSing," and had I realized I was posting a response in the Classified Section to what was actually a "Rant" I would have just locked the thread. I've made that mistake twice now, I apologize.

Dave for those who know Huffman hot rods WAS a taco mini bike dealer ...WAS a Azusa dealer...RAN a great lawn equipment repair shop selling mini bikes and go karts......BUILD winning Briggs and Stratton race engines and RACED Yamaha karts with his son.....almost 40 years ago when Cat mini bike in Colton Calif closed down he saved a lot of parts that would have been thrown out....he has helped me and the local mini bike and kart industry for years.....SO next time you decide to go on a RANT please make SURE YOU KNOW SOMETHING

Thank you for the kind words. Yes, I was a kid when the mini-bike and go kart fad started. Piecing together mini-bikes from old bicycles, go karts with steel scrounged from old bed frames and hard rubber tires/rims from the war surplus store. Parts were purchased with money from a paper route and mowing lawns. Before I could afford an engine I used to swipe the 5S Briggs & Stratton cast iron engine (about a 1.25hp) off of Dad's lawnmower during the day and put it back on the lawnmower before he came home from work. I was in the local lawnmower shop so much going through the "junk" pile that the owner agreed to give me a job there. Although I worked at many jobs my love was always centered around something that I could ride or drive. Mini-bikes, go karts, motorcycles, sand rails and of course hot rods. The most fun in running my outdoor power equipment business was helping kids, Dads and Grandfathers with parts and information on how to build mini-bikes and go karts. Most of the time it was the "how to" questions I got. Countless hours I've spent giving free advice. I still do when asked. So many of the little kids (boys and girls) that I've helped with questions or a build had their first job at my shop. Many have gone on to be master mechanics, engineers, etc. Many have become life-long friends. All my Sons have worked at my shop and are in the mechanical business. One builds show quality Indian motorcycles. They all can fix anything mechanical. My Grandkids and Great grandkids have or will build and ride go karts and mini-bikes here at my home shop now. The pride they have when firing up and riding their first build is priceless. Something they will never forget long after I'm gone. Selling any surplus parts I have is not all about the money. Yes I charge for parts, but I'm not primarily into selling to people who just want to "flip" them for profit although I know a lot of you do that. That's OK too if you are helping someone. Vintage engine parts and NOS bike and kart parts I've saved over the years are only good if someone puts them to use. Every time I have a part that someone needs and puts into use warms my heart. Not being "sappy" but what good is a part if it doesn't get used? Just sitting in the shop not being used is a waste. Any of you out there that know me would surely agree, I just love seeing someone's project completed and being enjoyed. I will never intentionally hurt anyone's feelings or play one customer against the other. I just would like to see parts go to the place where they will be best used end enjoyed. Many can't fulfill their dreams of building a classic car, hot rod or motorcycle but can get the same enjoyment of building a mini-bike or go kart. I have for the most part found two types of people. Those that HAD a mini-bike or go kart when they were kids, or those who WANTED one. I give high praise to those of you out there that are helping to keep the sport alive. I'm very sad that there was a bad experience on this site between two of us that love the sport so much, get off on the wrong foot. My bad! Thanks for listening.

Attachments

Last edited:
OK, so you don't want this to be a classified ad listing?

I figured slow greg would come on here defending his pal who screwed me over to hook him up. ;)

Floyd offered to sell me a chain guard for $149 plus shipping, plus pay pal. In that email he lectured me saying he didn't want to sell it to a parts flipper, he wanted to sell it to someone who needed the chain guard, as it was his last one. He said he had two more he was saving for his grand kids.

I told Floyd I was not a parts flipper. I told Floyd I planned on using it for a bike, since I had restored several Cats. (buying at least one guard from Slow Greg here for $200) Skipp now owns that bike. I asked FLoyd to please send a photo so I could see what I was buying. He said he had to dig it out of his barn, so it would take awhile.

A day or two later, Floyd emailed me and said he was going to sell it instead to his long time customer and friend Slow Greg. He then went on to tell me how nice of a person he heard I was from Slow Greg and mentioned some other members here. At that point, I replied that I expected it, meaning it had taken a long time to get back to me, and the deal had started smelling fishy to me.

I know I've pissed of plenty of people here. I've been called an "OldMiniBikes Douche Bag," and even had some professional posters on here write complaints about me to the "moderator," which thankfully didn't require any action on my part. ;) I've got a 12 year history of helping people out selling parts and bikes at reasonable prices, sending people needed parts for free, volunteering to help out in build off contests, and even doing work on bikes and engines.

Defending your long time pal Greg because he went back on his word to me to help you flip another guard isn't exactly a great posture. As far as the "hobby" if you all need to bow and scrape at someone who came on here to sell guards and slam me so be it. Integrity and honesty isn't in the realm we "mere mortals" only need reside in. I'm 61 years old, I have lived all over the world serving this nation, and I continue to serve in the form of permanent disabilities. My $149 is just as good as anyone else's, and my word is my bond.

@FloridaMiniBikes the guards he has left are the ones Slow Greg is selling for $75 on Ebay. I'll move this thread out of the Classsifieds now since once again it has turned into a bitchfest back slapping example of why most of the members who were worth a shit left this place long ago. @Hent count me among them.

pomfish

What a Bawl Fest !!

And these are grown adult mature Males?
Effing amazing.

Moderators should not be part of the fray for starters, when you can start sheet, say sheet, then delete whatever you chose including others posts and leave your blather, it does not create a good look, Just Saying :)

Call Em' as I see Em'
SMFH

Later,
Keith

Lizardking

What a Bawl Fest !!

And these are grown adult mature Males?
Effing amazing.

Moderators should not be part of the fray for starters, when you can start sheet, say sheet, then delete whatever you chose including others posts and leave your blather, it does not create a good look, Just Saying :)

Call Em' as I see Em'
SMFH

Later,
Keith
The gloves are off. Power trips and shady business is in the air.
#truth

Not much for Originality, so gonna skip the chaingaurd, go with a Torque Converter, one of those OHH195 Motorsport engines from eBay,
and get him strung out on Meth. Might up the Life Insurance Policy also.