Cat clutch cover wanted

Hey guys,

I'm sweetening up my Cat 400X and it looks like the worst eyesore is the beat up clutch cover.

Mine has an extra hole, dents and deep scratches in it.

I'm looking for a NICE chrome one, I already have the correct new decal for it.

Lemme know what you have.....here's a shot of my "beater" cover.

Thanks,
Bob

Some of these will be available soon, they are a cast cover and polished much stronger than the tin cover.

I have some cast but need to be band saw the casting and polish still, I had intednded on having some the first of spring but life in general got me behind.

when you cast them they have a Riser and a Sprue that have to be cut off and finished they look like this before hand

when you cast them they have a Riser and a Sprue that have to be cut off and finished they look like this before hand
I'd take a couple with the sprue and rough cast not polished. What else to I have to do but polish? :scooter:

Putter, there is also one on ebay right now in "usable" condition, but the bid$ are coming in. I'm passing on that one, and I've been looking for a few months.

(Edit) I see it's a forum member selling the cover. I'd have liked to have the whole bike he got it from, but it's worth more in parts. Sorry for crapping on your thread.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info guys. :thumbsup:

I think I'll wait till Jeff has a cast cover ready to go. No big rush here, quality is worth the wait! :biggrin:

I'm guessing a shot of clear coat would be recommended on the fresh polished cast cover.

Bob