Cat Eliminator, a grandsons project

bbiggs54

Great to see the kid is willing to help and not on some device! Let me know if you need anything.
Boy you opened the door with this question. This bike looks like someone started to part it out. In order of importance:
Seat sissy bar, KH200M brake caliper, clutch guard, switch plate.........all the hard stuff! (of course most Cat stuff is tough)

bbiggs54

Tyler enjoys working on his project when he can.....His grandpa just moved and has limited time to help until things settle in. We saved the tree for paint matching. I never considered the color of the Cat Eliminators as it's not really gold, Tyler say's it's "pineapple", seems appropriate to me! Boy that's a nice frame, had original paint too! 20200814_141658.jpg 20200814_152013.jpg 20200814_161742.jpg

bbiggs54

We have a problem with the motor, seems it's been used up pretty good. Needs an cylinder bore, oversized piston, connecting rod and crankshaft milling....are these parts available? Need some tips please. I know where I can get the machine work done. I've attached a pic of motor model plate 20200813_140511.jpg

Attachments

bbiggs54

Oh yeah I need a clutch guard, but I'm a purest, it has to to be metal. I'm not sure where I could get plastic chrome plated anyway. I'm sure this bike was partially parted out before we bought it (it came with a 400X seat on it too). For the moment I'll try to get it as close as I can to what it's supposed to be. The bottom line is Tyler wants to ride it so I'm not going to get my shorts in an uproar to find all the missing parts, which include; brake caliper, clutch guard, sissy bar, switch plate and the seat of course. As you can see, the pricey and hard to find stuff. I really wanted to at least get the correct seat and sissy bar but that's not looking good either ;). I will eventually get the Eliminator back and have intentions of restoring it correctly (I have enough paint to paint it again :) ). I started making some tooling to stamp a switch plate before I found one for my TS. I think with enough time I can make a clutch guard too since I have one to model off of. I'm going to keep looking, I have time. By the way, I might have a line on a sissy bar, I'm supposed to get a call back tonight or tomorrow. If I get it, any chance of making the seat anytime soon? Thanks for thinking of us!

Attachments