Cat Endura MX

Tried posting photos "elsewhere," but I'm too stoopid to finger it out.

Got this from Owend a while ago. Been slowly getting parts together. Getting an engine done from ATKrider, after seeing what he's done with some Tecumseh's lately.

I cleaned a lot of it up, had to repair rear shock mount, and re-weld it on. Shocks came apart easily, due to the plastic threads holding them together. Welded and straightened rear fender. I'm proud of that one. Didn't blow a single hole through it. :1orglaugh:

Here's most of the parts, staged together in a photo, so as to impress you viewers with my massive minibikedness knowledge. (That includes you butthurt viewers, because I still love you) Out of closet

jeez dave........another project to follow.......i envy you with all the time to work on your projects...gotta know.....what color? will it be yeller?:shrug:

jeez dave........another project to follow.......i envy you with all the time to work on your projects...gotta know.....what color? will it be yeller?:shrug:
This is all I do, besides drink beer, and watch every single episode of every Star Trek series ever made. :laugh:

I am not sure if I will do an original restoration (which includes fabricating a fiberglass seat pan) or if I will do a retro.

Either way, it's my last one. Going to get out of this addiction and go back to building motorcycles. And get a maid and take her on a cruise.

I thought Captain Janeway was cool, if not a bit butch. But Captain Archer is way more cool, because he looses it more often. I'm hoping he returns the warp coil he just stole. Piccard was a stuffed shirt compared to Janeway and Archer though.

BAM back on the grind:pimp::thumbsup:how do the tank look ya had problems last time sweet looking roller my fav cat model by far
Tank looks pretty good. Couple of gouges. If I go retro, I'll paint it and do ghost flames or something. If not, "it'll buff out."

OR you can buy the whole works from me right now. :wink:

That's a good looking model. Glad to see you back in the swing of things. I haven't heard anyone use the word "butthurt" since I left the service in '10 - almost nostalgic for me. Will be following this project- :thumbsup:

fistfullabar

Tank looks pretty good. Couple of gouges. If I go retro, I'll paint it and do ghost flames or something. If not, "it'll buff out."

OR you can buy the whole works from me right now. :wink:
hmm then i might have ta put a aftermarket extended aluminum swingarm disc brakes marzocchi mini moto forks with 14 inch rims and 4" knobby tires that would make um mad:wink:

Dave Im glad you got this one your doing a better job bringing her back then I ever could.:thumbsup: will Love to see this bike when its done,these are like my favorite mini ever hands down.

Thanks for the nice comments above. Spyder, I wouldn't say that at all. The work you're doing on the Rat Cat is over the top!

I've started working the mold form for the seat fairing. It's kicking my ass. I knew this would be the tricky part, but it's what makes the bike in my opinion. Photos later, when I have something besides a pile of epoxy, plywood and balsa to show. :thumbsup:

I had one of those some years ago:

can't remember what I even did with it....think I parted it out :confused:

It's good you have the original jackshaft/tav deal for it..I seem to remember it was kinda unique (Horstman?)

I'll be watching this one to see how it turns out....

Curious but is there any chance anyone on here would know if this bike with the jack shaft setup would use a short or long (like Rupp) crankshaft?? It's kind of important-

One thing I remember is how cheezy those folding footpegs are. Those are fine for a regular mini bike cruising around the neighborhood streets while you rest your feet on the... but on a trail bike where you might be standing up on them at times, those are destined to break off.

Of course, if it's a stock resto you are kinda stuck with them..

One thing I remember is how cheezy those folding footpegs are.
Gerry, way back when I first joined this site and saw the Cat Mini Bike ads, I saw this one and remember thinking I would really like to have one. :thumbsup:

You're right, and one peg is missing. I've made a few of these for the other Cats, but on this one, I was thinking something beefier, no rubber, enduro style. I can't get wrapped around the axle "too much" with originality, since it was so far gone anyway. Especially if it's for the best. This has the smallest seat I have ever seen, once the fairing is there, so I doubt anyone would want to plant their ass on it for very long anyway. :laugh:

It's a Horstman driven, and the driver is long gone. Cheezy sent me a free Comet 20 (what a great guy he is!) and I posted in another old thread, asking about belt widths for the Comet/Horstman combination. I've already replaced the chain drive sprocket on the JS with an OldMiniBikes sprocket, and will probably change the shaft as well.

Curious but is there any chance anyone on here would know if this bike with the jack shaft setup would use a short or long (like Rupp) crankshaft?? It's kind of important-
Hi ATK, glad you asked the question, since you're building the motor. :biggrin: Since you know a lot about what the Rupps require, maybe this photo will help? The driven is moved as close to the engine slots as it can me, and still clear. From the center of the engine mount slot to the clutch sheave is 1 7/8" Maybe you can compare with a Rupp long shaft setup?