Cat Throttle Grip

FunWithStuff

Hello!
I am wondering if anyone has a picture of what an original gran turismo throttle grip that was used on HPE Muskin mini bikes looks like. I have recently purchased a 7/8 gran turismo grip and may be able to purchase the throttle grip. However the throttle grip is 1 inch and not 7/8 and the grip doesn't look like a normal throttle setup. The seller describes it as a grip that is used on the throttle side of mini bikes. I would like some confirmation before I make the purchase. Thanks!

FunWithStuff

supposedly BMI has the granturismo throttle and dummy side in stock They look the same but one is 1" internally is all. here is the link to the BMI listing, just make sure you get the 1" side. BMI Cat grips

this was the OG grantuismo Cross grips on a 350ss I once had:
That is definitely the same throttle that I can purchase and yes it is one inch. I am just curious how the cable is supposed to setup on it. I thought that this grip would have a "normal" setup like this Untitled.png
How does the cable hookup in this throttle? I'll definitely get it now that I know it's the right one but I would like to know ahead of time how to set this up.

FunWithStuff

I have the throttle grip and the tube to go with it. Does anyone know how to hook the cable up to the grip to I can pull it back to give it gas?

I have the throttle grip and the tube to go with it. Does anyone know how to hook the cable up to the grip to I can pull it back to give it gas?
You need the outer shroud/clamp thingy that grips the handlebar[metal] tight but allows rotation of the grip,The barrel end of the cable fits in the hole on the tube part.
The shroud part is on the left of this picture.
s-l500 (1).jpg

markus

Got to an actual bicycle shop with your throttle assembly and see what they have for brake cables in stock. Depending on your throttle assembly you may have to get an adjuster or step down ferrule for the casing to seat in.

FunWithStuff

I think I might have figured out how the cable works. I have the both the tube and shroud that fits for the Gran Turismo grip (I believe they are the original tube and grip used on Cat mini bikes).
0704201148.jpg 0704201149.jpg 0704201150.jpg
I also have the original throttle cable that fits in these tubes (that has somehow survived in great shape for 40+ years), so I think I might be good to go. Thanks everyone for your help!