CAT400 - How will it be worth more?

So I clean it up and keep it the original (a bit faded) candle apple red or should I repaint it (same color) and posibly lose the stickers?
BTW, I'm looking to sell my CAT400 that comes up as my avatar. It has everything.

Dont part it out if it's complete and running, That aint right! It may be worth more in parts but it's only priginal once and someone will enjoy it. Ask $350-450 complete and you'll probably get it! Be patient and only part it out as a last resort! SHAME ON YOU GUYS FOR SAYING THAT! XXXbrew would love you guys!:no:

Thanks fo the advice. I'm going to keep it all together but the big question:
Should I repaint it? And if so, who here has the right color paint (or knows where to go)?

Dont part it out if it's complete and running, That aint right! It may be worth more in parts but it's only priginal once and someone will enjoy it.
If it's a survivor that's very nice and doesn't need to be restored, then yes leave it alone. If it needs to come apart, then what's so wrong with the parts going to someone that needs them to bring another one back to life? Either way there will be one that's missing parts. Then someone else will get the bare frame and start from scratch as well.

Ask $350-450 complete and you'll probably get it!
Good luck with that. Nobody will pay $350 - $400 for a 400x - I couldn't even get $400 for an Eliminator that has fenders, switch plate etc, and only needing a seat to be complete.

patient and only part it out as a last resort! SHAME ON YOU GUYS FOR SAYING THAT!
Yeah, sometimes the facts get in the way....

It has everything. Everything is original and in place but the color is faded hence the question of painting it.

As for the price, maybe its where you live: I saw a 400x (just frame, wheels forks: repainted) go on Craigslist for 400.00 just 2 months ago. I was the guy bidding to buy it for 350.00.
I live in the bay area.

It has everything. Everything is original and in
Switch plate and correct fenders? Correct wheels with stars? Any pics? The only one I see is in your album.

As for the price, maybe its where you live
I live over the hill from you. Pricewise I'm talking about what I see on ebay and on the OldMiniBikes board

I saw a 400x (just frame, wheels forks: repainted) go on Craigslist for 400.00 just 2 months ago.
Asking price or sold price? If it sold for that I'd consider it a rare occasion.

I was the guy bidding to buy it for 350.00
Bidding on craigslist? Or was it ebay?

I'd give $350 for it as is if it were local, minibikes are scarce in the midwest, and in survivor shape they are even harder to come by! Out in California they are everywhere as well as east of the Mississippi river! I look at L.A. CL and am amazed at the abundance of nice minibikes! If shipping was'nt cost prohibitive I'd have several more minibikes! Of course not as many as you INJUNTOM, but quite a few more than the nine I have now!:thumbsup:

Super, have you ever used uship.com to get a mini to you, ?:smile:
No but more than $50 over the asking price is simply too much IMO, it defeats the whole purpose of getting a good deal. Now if the right minibike came along I might consider twice that maybe more, but it would have to be a survivor Hiawatha or SkatKitty or something along those lines! But I'll assure you if this 400x were within realistic driving distance I'd own it for $350! To part out a complete survivor IMO is sacralige, and simply should never be done! Others do not share my sentiment on the subject and that's cool but there are only so many minibikes left surviving in this condition, I'm just saying it'd be a damn shame to see it parted out! I'm glad to hear the owner decided to keep it together, and as far as a paint job goes I'd leave it alone but painting it wont destroy it in the least bit if done right!:thumbsup:

TomH

Get it running and dependable first, drive the snot out of the thing until you are tired of it. Clean it up and sell it. That's what I am doing. I don't think any minibike is that much of a collectible that it shouldn't be ridden. IMHO. Guess you could make it perfect and stare at it if that works for ya. Nothing wrong with that either.

Get it running and dependable first, drive the snot out of the thing until you are tired of it. Clean it up and sell it. That's what I am doing. I don't think any minibike is that much of a collectible that it shouldn't be ridden. IMHO. Guess you could make it perfect and stare at it if that works for ya. Nothing wrong with that either.
Absolutely! I hate trailer queens be it car or minibike, now I'm not sayin a beautiful restored minibike should'nt be displayed perfect and unblemished. But just for a while then ride it like ya stole it! Yes I'd ride the tires off the 400x, only I'd put it up and get another one then ride them both. I actually do that now, up to nine so far! No sign of slowing down much, just got parts in the mail two days in a row!!!:thumbsup:

TomH

Look at my new album CAT400X.
You wanna buy it?

BTW, I RIDE this one very weekend
Not for long without an air filter. That back tire will throw more crap in that carb than that motor can eat.
BTW paint would be low on my priority list. that bike needs some love. Good start though, cool bike.

not for long without an air filter. That back tire will throw more crap in that carb than that motor can eat.
Btw paint would be low on my priority list. That bike needs some love. Good start though, cool bike.
took the air filter off to tinker with the carb but it runs good.
I haven't done anything but clean out the carb and change the gas.
I have too many projects in process. I take this one apart right now, i'll never find them again

It does not have drum brakes. It brakes lkike all the other 400Xs, caliper set up.
$200.00? Sure.....plus $300.00 shipping:thumbsup: