CCS Super Charger

tomc

IMG_20220422_141732088.jpg IMG_20220422_142332413_HDR.jpg IMG_20220422_144022924_HDR.jpg
I just found this CCS Super Charger. The engine has been replaced with a Briggs & Stratton off of a Coleman generator. I'd like to put a Tecumseh back on it.
The serial # is S632. Can anyone tell me the year made?

tomc

Speaking of the frame, I think there have been some repairs and/or reinforcements added. I will try to clean it up and make a better looking repair before I paint, or powder coat the frame. IMG_20220422_144348280.jpg

Triley41395

Speaking of the frame, I think there have been some repairs and/or reinforcements added. I will try to clean it up and make a better looking repair before I paint, or powder coat the frame. View attachment 288946
Yeah they definitely scabbed them on there, but maybe it kept it from breaking and ending up as scrap, so you could find yourself gem. Looks complete enough to make a nice rider out of.

markus

I think that is the 2nd version frame, and probably more 1971 than 1970. Before you go cutting stuff off though probably want to do more research or strip the headtube area, the sideplates and the little tab for stop tab on the bottom are standard issue, Hard to say on the inner piece.

tomc

I keep finding issues with this bike. I believe the original primary drive, from clutch to jack shaft was a belt. Mine's been replaced with a chain, so I don't have the correct clutch, belt, or pulley. I knew the cover was missing, but I bought the bike cheap, thinking maybe I could find a cover. IMG_20220424_131351211.jpg The tires appear to be the originals and still hold air but the wheels have been painted black, so they're probably crap. The rear fender is missing.
Not quite the deal I thought it was.

Triley41395

I keep finding issues with this bike. I believe the original primary drive, from clutch to jack shaft was a belt. Mine's been replaced with a chain, so I don't have the correct clutch, belt, or pulley. I knew the cover was missing, but I bought the bike cheap, thinking maybe I could find a cover. View attachment 288984 The tires appear to be the originals and still hold air but the wheels have been painted black, so they're probably crap. The rear fender is missing.
Not quite the deal I thought it was.
If you seen some of the turds I've bought you would know that you got a great deal at any price. My Gemini mini is set up the same way as your bike, clutch to a sprocket on the jackshaft with a sprocket on the other side with a chain to the wheel sprocket. I have seen lots of bikes that way Screenshot_20220424-140629_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20220424-140642_Gallery.jpg

tomc

Although I've had the primary chain off and it's only partially on in my last pic, my clutch is on backwards compared to Triley's. It appeared to have been ridden before I got it so maybe there are clockwise and counter-clockwise clutches?

Triley41395

Although I've had the primary chain off and it's only partially on in my last pic, my clutch is on backwards compared to Triley's. It appeared to have been ridden before I got it so maybe there are clockwise and counter-clockwise clutches?
Alot of the clutches you can buy are inboard/ outboard clutches which means that you can have the sprocket towards your motor or away from your motor, they work both directions. They do make them that only run one way or the other.

tomc

IMG_20230419_184728860_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230419_184743848_HDR.jpg
I found that the top coat of white paint flaked off easily with a full knife, except where I peeled off a AAA decal that was on top of the white. There is enough decal left that I think I can use a very very small brush and replace the lettering. The red "charger" letters don't show up in my pics but there are traced remaining. I can feel the metal flake on the surface. If I can get it really clean and relettered I will put a clear coat on it.