Vintage Central cycle supply CCS

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg Rectangular tank is CCS but not correct for the model I have. Just not enough space between the forks and the long seat. Azusa tank fits correctly and the mounting brackets line up perfectly!! It is what the mini bike originally came with. I knew going into this build, finding the proper gas tank was going to be my biggest hurdle. Special thanks @james ackerman, @sonerenos for sourcing me these vintage gas tanks! image.jpg

image.jpg Wheels and gas tank are down in Florida for a visit with Sam, anxiously awaiting their arrival home. The Sebac’s on the left came with the bike. Going to switch around some chrome parts, trying to make the best looking pair

image.jpg Do not laugh… This is not dinner LOL. Just trying to put together the best looking pair of Sebac’s that I can. Need warmer weather so I can start painting some stuff

Your driven wont work like that. It has to either be run inboard or you need to run a reverse spring. I am not sure but a 30 series spring may work.

Your driven wont work like that. It has to either be run inboard or you need to run a reverse spring. I am not sure but a 30 series spring may work.
Been trying to figure out the torque converter.. at first I wanted to run a Salsbury 330 but it wasn't going to work. Went with a 20 series thinking that you can run the driven inboard or outboard

If you run a 20 outboard you still need a reverse spring. Again a 30 will work... But I will say that I recenty bought a chinese 20 series off Ebay that came with a reverse spring and 4 holes for tension.

If you run a 20 outboard you still need a reverse spring. Again a 30 will work... But I will say that I recenty bought a chinese 20 series off Ebay that came with a reverse spring and 4 holes for tension.
I too just bought this 20 series driven Chinese version from eBay about a month ago. When I compared it to a 30 series, it seems to operate in the opposite direction of the 30. Perhaps I have the reverse spring. When I get home from work tonight, I’ll post some pics of the 20 series and maybe you can tell if it has the reverse spring. I appreciate the advice!

image.jpg image.jpg 30 series comet on the bottom... looks like the ramps are on a opposite set-up compared to the 20 series... thinking that I should be good running the 20 series outboard. I also have different set up I could use if necessary

If you look at your first pic with both drivens side by side. Like you said the ramps are on opposite sides. Picture the belt grabbing the outside half. Spinning counter clockwise the 30 series is up against the ramp. The belt will grab and cause it to be against the ramp and move the driven forward. If you try to do thatwith the 20 series,the ouside half will spin until it hits the next ramp. This will cause the driven to open and your belt immediately drop down into the groove. You will be taking off in high gear with no torque. The spring may also come dislodged from the hole. If you replace the 20 series spring with the 30 series and clock it the same way the 30 series is setup so it sits on the correct side of the ramps it will work.