Chain help

I just bought 5ft. of # 35 chain. I lined it up to the old one and they do not match. The new chain is a Regina and looks bigger. Can it still be a #35 and be wider or did I get shipped the wrong chain?? Resized_20180603_140704.jpeg

The racing chain we have used over the years has been lots wider. You’ll need the manufacturer’s master link if you’re using one, I would guess not. We had to upgrade our chain breaker as well. Lately using Gold on Gold from RLV and #420 ER gold and black from D.I.D. Racing. We had to do some machining as well to make clearance for the wider chain. Both chains will only stretch a bit more, thats really nice.
Sorry, no current use of Regina chains. Years ago that all we used.
Hope this helps,
Steve

The racing chain we have used over the years has been lots wider. You’ll need the manufacturer’s master link if you’re using one, I would guess not. We had to upgrade our chain breaker as well. Lately using Gold on Gold from RLV and #420 ER gold and black from D.I.D. Racing. We had to do some machining as well to make clearance for the wider chain. Both chains will only stretch a bit more, thats really nice.
Sorry, no current use of Regina chains. Years ago that all we used.
Hope this helps,
Steve
Yep. The good stuff is always wider. And Regina is some good stuff. I quit using links a long time ago for almost all of my machines.

I bought an old manco thunderbird and lost the master link. Can anyone tell me what size Master link I need? I tried a 420 and it is too big.

I bought an old manco thunderbird and lost the master link. Can anyone tell me what size Master link I need? I tried a 420 and it is too big.
Most chain has some information stamped on it where it’s easily read. There are lots of chain charts out there for reference. Use a crescent wrench, a tape measure and drill bits of known sizes to gauge the rollers and pins. Or end wrenches instead of a crescent wrench. You-tube has some fine tutorials as well. Maybe start a new thread so more eyes will view it.