champion 6.5(shaft rockers)head to gx160 style head

So I have bought a complete gx160 head for my champion 6.5 clone (gx200 with shaft mounted rockers, switched so I could fit 1.2 ratio rockers and have higher compression) and am wondering if it will work with out porting or if not could some one explain what I have to do make this head work I have only a little idea of whats involved with porting. sorry if I don't respound fast but I work night security so i'm pretty much nocturnal and use the computer there.

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
The short side radius needs to actually be removed on both intake and exhaust. You can also remove the guide area inside the ports. The ports should remain the stock size.

Ok right over my head

So I'm staring at this head and I think I know what your talking about when you say the guide inside the ports, is it the bottom of the valve guide that hangs inside the port area, but I don't know what your talking about when you say the short side radius in the intake and exhaust. could you please clarify i've never ported anything before but I got a dremel and determination plus it's raining and snowing outside so im not riding until atleast spring so I need something to occupy my time. any way could you please help, thanks

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
The short side radius is the big curve before you hit the valve seats.

Yes that's the bottom of the valve guides.

Or you can always send your head to me and I can do it, plus mill it.

Tempting especially milling the head, but I kinda want to do it myself, half of mini biking is the tinkering with the mechanics and learning. So I got to start somewhere. I found this site DIY - Basic Cylinder Head Porting -Standard Abrasives Motor Sports I know its not for single cylinder engines but the chevy ohv is the same thing. and the part 3 covering Short Side Radius and Bowl Work seems to be what your talking about, and I won't mess with the ports size or polishing the combustion chamber. thanks for the info you've been extremly helpful!