Champion Valve Rockers Gen2

Hey everybody, I have a champion 196 engine, and the valve rockers are different than the regular non hemi rockers. I bought 18lbs valve springs that fit a gx200, but they are longer than the stock ones in the engine. I was told that they make hemi 18lb valve springs that are shorter, but I don't know the height.

So, what is the length and width of the hemi spring? Also, is it ok for me to just use the non hemi ones? Will the springs coil bind? The rockers aren't the ones you normally see when you search for champion rockers, they look more like predator hemi rockers. They look like these, but for a 196cc engine. https://vegascarts.com/products/champion-hd-shaft-rockers-for-gx390-gx420-gx440-460cc-clones

Anyways, thanks in advance for the help!

SAS289

Shouldn't you be able to install the springs and check for coil bind?

Makes me wonder how different the Champion head is compared to a typical clone head. And push rod length compare between the two.

Shouldn't you be able to install the springs and check for coil bind?

Makes me wonder how different the Champion head is compared to a typical clone head. And push rod length compare between the two.
So as long as the two springs don't touch each other ever, there's no problem with using a longer valve spring?

SAS289

I think so but there may be a measured minimum clearance. I do not know the exact measurement that experienced builders use. You would think it would be at least .050". ??

Last edited: