Cheap adjustable carb that fits on the 212

So does anyone know of a cheap Chinese carb that is adjustable that fits the 212? I can do my own throttle and all I just need something that will fit on the studs. And performance is not an issue as I make plenty of power for what I use it for. I just would rather tune a carb myself than having to keep buying jets with different parts.

So does anyone know of a cheap Chinese carb that is adjustable that fits the 212? I can do my own throttle and all I just need something that will fit on the studs. And performance is not an issue as I make plenty of power for what I use it for. I just would rather tune a carb myself than having to keep buying jets with different parts.
NRRacing makes a needle to fit the stock carbs' main jet and another needle to fit the idle air circuit.

Jet, Adjustable

Bolt, Carb Bowl (Screw Set), Genuine Honda

I agree with EVOL the stock ruixing carb would be a good set up and for $18.50 its probably your cheapest good option. I have 3 of them. 2 stock and 1, .650 bored ruixing. There not perfect but there easy to tune. Stick with a stock one if your still running your governor.

65ShelbyClone

I just would rather tune a carb myself than having to keep buying jets with different parts.
That's what "tuning" is with a carburetor that uses jets.

You can get the cheap Chinese copy tillotsons off ebay but you have to know how to set them up and also get a manifold for them. http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5335845805&icep_item=192705677637
I got one of those about a week ago and the machining is horrific. I doubt the fuel inlet plate will hold gas if I don't resurface it first.

i have one on a 5hp tecumseh. Works great but when starting cold have to open low side a small amount. there is a lot of info on them on one of the vintage kart sites. They are using them on some of the two strokes.

That's what "tuning" is with a carburetor that uses jets.

I got one of those about a week ago and the machining is horrific. I doubt the fuel inlet plate will hold gas if I don't resurface it first.
Curious which one you got, here are some I bought, I never used the one with the cover over the needle valves the other one is the same as the one that worked well for me.

65ShelbyClone

This is my first experience with a Tillotson design. The inlet diaphragm is brown fiber-reinforced stuff that appears to be described as Teflon and the pump diaphragm is black rubber; probably (hopefully) Viton.