Check this out

It showed up at noontime .....It looks awesome.....Now I've got to build the barstool racer .
IF YOU KNEW WHAT I KNOW YOU WOULD ENJOY THAT STOOL RIGHT WHERE IT IS...... I'm not yelling just LMAO thinking about this.

Here is what you can expect. This is copied from a post I made in 2016 when I was the proud new owner of a Barstool Racer. I have plans somewhere... Please laugh as it was funny as hell even when I was in pain laying on the concrete....

______________________________________________________________________________________

I moaned in pain laying on the cold concrete driveway.... Not once but twice... If any of you own or have ever ridden a Barstool racer then you may have been there too...... Now bare in mind that both of these instances took place with the wife watching... Now twisting the story to make it at least sound better was not possible...

I have been piddling with a Barstool for the last couple of months. Trying to get the cables right and the steering right and the stool to clear everything. Made a chain guard for safety... yeah right... there is no safety on a Barstool!

So I got it running Monday evening late. Opened the shop door. Fired up the Powerstroke and backed it off the concrete pad in front of the shop.

First mistake, blew the horn for the wife to come out and see....

Second mistake, got on, grabbed a hand full of Hemi Predator throttle. Picked up the front wheels a couple of inches unbeknownst to me... I was heading for the tongue of my Featherlight car trailer so I naturally turned the wheels. No response... Released the throttle.... wheels hit the ground turned full right. Barstool went right, I went left. I was laughing before I hit the concrete. No bodily injury or Barstool damage. Wow, a freebie all in the first 20 feet of riding the new toy.

Third mistake.... Wife watching again as she had just helped me set the toe in on the thing... Well yesterday morning I move the tie rods as the steering was real twitchy. Slowed the steering down and it was a 10 fold improvement as I went down the driveway about 75 feet. So I turned around and headed back. Only to slide backwards off the seat. It is a cheap Sears stool and the seat cover is as slick as glass. Absolutely no gription! Well I grabbed a hold of the steering wheel which included a hand full of throttle. Up it went and down I went directly on my tailbone. The wife didn't run over either. She just kind of walked over with the "you big dummy" walk and casually asked if I was ok. I was other than the tailbone pain. The barstool on the other hand didn't fair as well. Broke the seat off the stool frame and scraped up the leather steering wheel.

So I guess the throttle stop screw is going to be adjusted now. Make it less responsive. It is completely stock right out of the box too. I didn't think it would have as much power as it does by leaving it alone. Well I am turning down the wick now for sure.

My butt hurts...........

______________________________________________________________________________________

Here is the only pictures I have of mine before I got it running. Make sure you note how short the barstool is. I cut about 12'' out of it. The first thing that hits the ground is you and the second thing will be that beautiful seat that Karen made for you.

This is the only reference that I could find to the one I had. It was a professional built frame by "Barfly International". It had throttle and brake butterfly controls that were right under the steering wheel. Worked well until you had an oh s**t moment and grabed a handful of steering wheel which usually included throttle too....

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/barfly-racing-bar-stool-auto-shows

Last edited:

Rowedoo

From what I've heard everyone takes a digger on one of them things at least once.....I will see if I can break that curse..... or my neck . LOL.