Cheeftah Mounting Plate Number

Can someone kindly assist with interpreting the number on the mounting plate of a Cheeftah?

I have # 34047.

Finally see it after a sandblast.

Thank You

Lizardking

From what I have seen, trying to decode the serial numbers on most mini bikes is useless. You would have to find someone who worked there and even then you might not get the info unless that person had something to do with assigning the numbers and in the know.

Post some pictures of your Cheeftah!

From what I have seen, trying to decode the serial numbers on most mini bikes is useless. You would have to find someone who worked there and even then you might not get the info unless that person had something to do with assigning the numbers and in the know.

Post some pictures of your Cheeftah!
@Lizardking - Thanks for the reply. I would have been genuinely impressed if someone still had this knowledge. I actually saw reference in another post to such serial numbers, which is why I posted out of curiosity.

My restoration aspirations have been a long time coming on this one, and I finally have begun the project and decided to do a vintage-modernization approach for which I will look forward to sharing when I know I can pull it off. Just for general interest, I am posting the exact state of my childhood minibike of 1974 when it was literally dug out of the earth from sitting outside for over 40 years being swallowed by Mother Nature.

Attachments

Lizardking

@Lizardking - Thanks for the reply. I would have been genuinely impressed if someone still had this knowledge. I actually saw reference in another post to such serial numbers, which is why I posted out of curiosity.

My restoration aspirations have been a long time coming on this one, and I finally have begun the project and decided to do a vintage-modernization approach for which I will look forward to sharing when I know I can pull it off. Just for general interest, I am posting the exact state of my childhood minibike of 1974 when it was literally dug out of the earth from sitting outside for over 40 years being swallowed by Mother Nature.
It's not impossible to decipher the s/n but the right person has to come along and help out. I got extremely lucky and met the son inlaw of the maker of my Hounddog 400 online. He talked to his inlaw about my bikes s/n and he still had his log book with s/n. My bike was made and sold in December of 1969 for $165 and came with a 4 hp Tecumseh.

Your bike will turn out great with some tlc! Fender can still be saved too! Look into adding a clutch band brake and use the stock sprocket brake for emergency stop incase the band fails. Going with a custom color or stock?

Attachments

Last edited: