cheeftah

I picked up this cheeftah the other day and I had and old 6s Briggs that I put on it.....does anyone know what years this model was produced? And what the chain guard looked like? 20191021_220427.jpg 20191021_221638.jpg

That's a super nice example, great score!! below is the one I found on my CL for cheap recently. As far as I know, these are the earliest ones, I want to say early/mid 60's but I may be off just a bit. They came with Clinton engines new. In fact, the owner of the company that built these went on to purchase the Clinton engine company.. and was the president (I think owner also) of Doughboy swimming pools for forever..

View media item 150726

markus

Those bikes were introduced in like 1968, possibly on the first ones the company was called Perspex but then started to show as the Lomart name in the mini bike guides etc.... Can you take a close up of the fork decal? that is a clean OG roller!!!

this literature was from 1968 IIRC and showed what they projected for sales in 1969

awesome info
Those bikes were introduced in like 1968, possibly on the first ones the company was called Perspex but then started to show as the Lomart name in the mini bike guides etc.... Can you take a close up of the fork decal? that is a clean OG roller!!!

this literature was from 1968 IIRC and showed what they projected for sales in 1969

Thanks Markus! awesome info! I stand corrected! @manchester1 I'll figure out this photo thing yet!

Hope this works lol @markus

EBB1AF01-8FF3-48A2-9987-0C0A27018E85.jpeg

Actually that photo is @studemans68 bike. He had sent me a photo and I just posted it for him. I'm sure if you have any questions that he would be happy to help.

Yeah took it out for a ride with the 6s....geared 11/60 runs about 20-23 mph without killing the old 6s....which purrs like a kitten....motor starts with 1 pull from dead cold

Great I'll pick up one of those clutch guards....the only problem is the briggs 6s does not have any bolt bosses on the side cover but I'll fab up a bracket from the front left motor mount bolt to hold it.....I'm going to have the original seat re-stitched and I found some new footpeg covers in 3/4" on OldMiniBikes otherwise just going to polish it up and enjoy it as the OG it is....