CHI COM float bowel gaskets

Does anyone make/sell replacement float bowl gaskets for the 6.5 HP engines that are work a crap?
The originals are made from very poor materials and leak after a short period of time during use.

SAS289

I don't think you are going to find any that are not made by the Chi Coms unless you could find genuine Honda.

So you had one start leaking while you were riding? I have had leaks but only just after I had the bowl off and didn't have the gasket positioned correctly when I went back together with it. In those cases the leak is noticed right away. Easy enough fix.

I have 2 196 Greyhounds that are used as seasonal utility engines. They are going on 12 years old. I have never replaced the bowl gaskets. I prep the bowls for off season with oil and use Vasoline on the gasket prior putting the bowl back on. Not sure if the Vasoline preserves them or not. I use it to get the gasket to stick to the carb just before bolting on the bowl.

I've never bought one of these gaskets, even for the mini bikes. If I needed one I guess I would order them from ARC or Studz racing.

Last edited: