China Flathead....

It's a Honda G100 clone, just like the DB30 97cc. Only problem, costs $150 with water pump attached, otherwise not FS separately to my knowledge. Some of the motorized bicycle guys use this engine.

Might be a source for parts for DB30 97cc engine. I contacted HF and they said parts available, although many would be 6 weeks before shipping.

Yes its a G100.
"It's not a Briggs copy..........."

No its not.
Why would you clone a Briggs, when you can clone a Honda?
Harsh words, but that clone is probably a better engine than a 3 HP Briggs.
Tottaly differenct design concept between the 9 inch briggs and the G100.
The Briggs was intended to be the cheapest thing you could put gas in and get any measure of function and reliability. Its was brilliantly good at being a cheap engine.
The Honda was designed to last, Honda knew there was no way they could compete with Briggs for cheap.

Yes its a G100.

No its not.
The Briggs was intended to be the cheapest thing you could put gas in and get any measure of function and reliability. Its was brilliantly good at being a cheap engine.
The Honda was designed to last, Honda knew there was no way they could compete with Briggs for cheap.
Better than a briggs 3hp?:eek:ut: You must be thinking of the real Honda G100 and I doubt one of them would see 35yrs of service even well maintained. The 3hp briggs that powers my 8yo girl's DB replaced a 97cc just like this one pictured is 35yrs old, I rebuilt the carb and it is ready for years more.:thumbsup:

Big Jim

I have an old Honda flathead on my Honda tiller, it's a beast.
I'd love to put it on a scoot but, I need my tiller, may have to put a Clone on it...

I think it's a matter of what you are used to. I like the DB30 97cc engine, that a lot of people think are junk. It's a clone of a Honda G100, which from all accounts is a great engine. Also, from looking around web, I got the idea there are still a lot of Honda G100's going strong after many rebuilds, 30 plus years service. We don't see them around here because we have Briggs here, the old Honda G100's are overseas, many in England.

One of my buddies got a mini with an old Briggs 2 to 3 hp (don't remember exactly) and it was a putt- putt engine for sure. He didn't know what to do to make it run better, so replaced it with a 6.5 clone. The interesting thing was, when word got out he wasn't using this engine, he got several PM's wanting his old Briggs engine. So, I know it's a good engine. :thumbsup:

Yes its a G100.

No its not.
Its funny though They are always for sale on craigs list in mini bikes and they don't run. On the other hand I see briggs 3HP engines twice as old and running good.