China May 2012

I made it to Beijing last night. This is a multi-stop trip for the next 2 weeks. Now before anyone gets excited, keep in mind that I do not have time to go to the Lifan factory and this is not a minibike parts trip. :shrug: It is just a normal work trip. :doah:

I will try to take some interesting photos and post them for everyone to see. BTW, I will be back in time for Laconia and Windber. :thumbsup:

We went to the supermarket and it is always interesting to hit the meat and fish areas.

You get the whole chicken - your choice.

Some people enjoy the feet and it is a popular snack here.

Duck tongues are also very popular.

If you want something fresh and alive from the water - no problem - eels.

Maybe some of these fat little guys.

The squid is very popular and comes in a variety of sizes.

How did you arrange your tour? When my wife and I went 2 years ago, it was set up through our local chamber of commerce. Great deal.
No tour Tom, it's just work. I have a list of dates and stops to make while I am here for work and the schedule allows for some free time. Most of the time I travel alone. :thumbsup:

I think I am in the wrong line of work, LOL! The only places my work has ever sent me to was our main office.....to do the same work I normally do just there.

MiniBike Paul

If you do not mind, 3 questions; what kind of work do you do?? With China the emerging car buying giant, do you see any hot rods or modified cars?? Is there local or national car racing??
Let's make sure we meet at Windber! Actually, i'm flying into Cleveland and driving over, leaving my wife in Barberton with her family and childhood friends!

Paul

Last edited:
If you do not mind, 3 questions; what kind of work do you do?? With China the emerging car buying giant, do you see any hot rods or modified cars?? Is there local or national car racing??
Let's make sure we meet at Windber!
1. Engineering, manufacturing production, stainless steel investment casting
2. Hot rods will take a few years. Harleys are starting to get popular and they are allowed modifications, loud pipes, etc.
3. Car racing is Indy style, no drag racing

We are easy to find at Windber. Look for the parachute or the Harleys. :thumbsup: