chinese tav2 review

I am looking to get a tav2 for my mini bike and was interested in the chinese tav2s from ebay. I was wondering what your experience is with them and if they are any good. I am going to put it on a stretched cat with a predator 212 pushing about 12 hp. My mods include a 14 cc head, header, k&n type air filter, and a rejetted carb. I am looking to reach a goal of 50 to 55 mph I am an aggressive rider and ride fully pinned most of the time. thanks
tundrabeagle3

Bikerscum

The Chinese copies work fine. I think I paid $99 for mine on ebay. I run a heavily modded Pred with no probolems.

Once you get one, look here for tuning info from two of OldMiniBikes's legendary tuners :smile:

george3

are u saying the comet tav2 is aluminum and the chinese one is sheet metal?
Comet tav metal backing. then they came out with Comet tav2 aluminum backing. Either one used with high HP should have a rear support added to the rear section. They flex when you gun the engine.

joshua. c.

i bought one a wile back, the shipping cost was crazy. the clutch is currently on my most powerfull bike and i have had no major with it. it works well, but i woold advise getting a genuine comet clutch spring for the secondary. the ones the copies use seem a bit week.