Chipper's - MTD SS300 - (Vintage Class)

I'm moving slow on this one Dr . I did piddle a tad this weekend , I got the fork plate cut off my p.o.s. donner bike and did a little mock up to figure out the rear fender ( which I'm still not sure on ) I have decided on using an H35 I have , It's a later model but I have an old exhaust and I think I can make it look alright , trying to keep a tight budget , lol !

markus

chipper, You have an HS series exhaust on their, either 4 or 5hp (depends on the flange). I Have H35 headers getting new cans put on them this week. I'd be willing to trade if you wanted to get the exhaust in the correct orientation (more centered in the frame), have the flange fit the port, and be able to put the air cleaner in the upright position so you have more adjustment room. I have more HS engines than I do HS exhausts, and vice versa on the H ones :doah:

chipper, You have an HS series exhaust on their, either 4 or 5hp (depends on the flange). I Have H35 headers getting new cans put on them this week. I'd be willing to trade if you wanted to get the exhaust in the correct orientation (more centered in the frame), have the flange fit the port, and be able to put the air cleaner in the upright position so you have more adjustment room. I have more HS engines than I do HS exhausts, and vice versa on the H ones :doah:
Markus you nailed it , The air filter needs to be flipped up ! ( the way it is , less than 1/2" and it's in the fender ) I'd be more than happy to do that ! The filter can is slightly pushed in toward the engine on one side and will need to be massaged . Pm me your address when convenient and I'll get it coming your way ! Thanks a bunch !

You are right on flipping the air filter can...I had to strip and repaint the can on my '16 Ruttman build off bike because the fender vibrated right into it and tore the crap out of it.

I have a few of those just hanging on the wall :doah: If you want one you can have it, I'll even bead blast it so its ready for paint or powder :thumbsup:
Randy thank you so much for the offer , I may hit ya up down the road as I have another H35 that may get used some day :thumbsup:

I got a package in the mail from a really cool dude in New York yesterday ! We now have forks Houston :thumbsup:
Sorry for the Karl Pic :laugh:

Well the forks are overall in good shape , they had a little bow between the trees and one handlebar was a little tweaked but the 20 ton shop press made short work of that , then I started to fool around with the 11" neck bolt :doah: , It will be replaced and obviously a little filler weld will be in order :grind:

Well Cory washers are a reasonable fix , I've done it before ! This one I'm trying to get really close to original so some welding and grinding is in order , lol !

trinik7597

Holly crap ang ... I never even noticed that ..... They came on a Bonanza I picked up years ago and I never even looked that close at them