Chipper's Vintage Open Class Powell

Well folks I may just get this one done , the belt drive is out as I cant get it to function properly , been thru 3 belts two drivers , asymmetrical and symmetrical , shimmed driver , locked driven tried it all and no go . So jack shaft it is , I had a new shaft machined that is 5/8 all the way out , new swingarm bushings too , I am having B-hub sprockets machined to press in bearings . I'll align in and out sprockets then use a piece of 1-3/8" I.D. jack shaft tube between them and tig weld it all together creating a solid one piece assembly . I know your thinking what about changing gearing? Well I'm setting it up at 8.5 to 1 as that is optimum on the flat track but I'm using #35 chain from clutch to shaft so I can get near 7.5 or 9.5 by changing clutch sprocket from 12 tooth to 11or 13 I'm also going to add a clutch brake as I really like finger tip braking power on the track . I finally put Karen's most awesome seat on her to take a look and all I could say was , would you just look at that !!

Last edited:
Jackshaft assembly is complete , all the parts and pieces off to powder coat dude tomorrow , this little Jewel may just get finished in the nick of time!

Well I never wish for a tropical storm to come straight up the Gulf but this one is perfect timing ! Our 4 day beach trip is canceled and I can finish my bike !
Ready to assemble .

Mr Chipper the bike looks amazing, the work you do is outstanding . You have totally raised the bar in Powell building and have taken it to a level not known to man kind .
When I see these magnificent builds I hope one day that I could possibly reach your level of craftsmanship.

Mr Chipper the bike looks amazing, the work you do is outstanding . You have totally raised the bar in Powell building and have taken it to a level not known to man kind .
When I see these magnificent builds I hope one day that I could possibly reach your level of craftsmanship.
Kind words , lol !! Thanks for your help and guidance !