Choosing best racing flywheel for Predator 212 ?

Here is a link to racing flywheels but I cannot understand all the subtle differences and which would be best for garden variety 212 installed on Mini Baja minibike.

What are you calling a garden variety 212? If it is still governed why change it? If you are modding it then what mods are planned?

Garden variety because it is as it came from the retail outlet except that it is biologically governed by Homo Erectus instead of mechanically governed. I am only checking out various mods because I was told to do so for insurance and safety although my biological governor works as good on the mini bike as it does in my car and truck. I at least wanted to check into the cost of various options of modding in case the aliens start chasing me. They usually ride Hayabusa's and I will need to out run them.

So if rpms stay below say 4500 rpm then no need to change rod or flywheel. Once you no longer have a governor then for safety one reasonably long life then rod and flywheel should be changed. In your case the Pvl cast flywheel is cheapest and probably the best choice. If you plan Erving it up more than 5000 rpm then billet rod is a good idea.

At least from one website it appears that race rod and flywheel will approach additional $250 plus a lot of labor. If my current engine blows up the current replacement engine cost is $99 plus a little labor.

GustoGuy

So if rpms stay below say 4500 rpm then no need to change rod or flywheel. Once you no longer have a governor then for safety one reasonably long life then rod and flywheel should be changed. In your case the Pvl cast flywheel is cheapest and probably the best choice. If you plan Erving it up more than 5000 rpm then billet rod is a good idea.
What causes the stock rod to break is that high RPMs especially above 6000 the stock connecting rod can not get enough oil into the 2 to 3 thousands of an inch space between the connecting rod and the crankshaft to lubricate it and it begins to get hot. Do this for just a few seconds and back off the throttle and everything is usually ok because it didn't get hot enough. Run a long stretch downhill with the engine screaming and the inside of the connecting rod can get so hot that it actually melts itself to the crank and then the rod snaps and destroys your engine and hopefully, no shrapnel ends up hitting you. If you run 4500rpms or higher and your governor is removed you need the Billet rod and Billet flywheel for safety since the billet rod has a forced oil scoop on the dipper which physically forces oil through a passage into the bearing plus it has actual bearing inserts with the bearing lubricated and cooled by pressurized oil to keep it from drying out and melting to the crank. plus when the rod snaps big chunks of metal like to go flying and that can cause the cast iron flywheel to break and that heavy flywheel, if it breaks, can really hurt you or worse.