Vintage Chopper

Chopper

• yes

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • No

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yeah thats for my tank. Its just a noisemaker its powered by a windshield wiper motor while its spinning theres a flapper to shake the bullets and theres another flapper that hits the barrels and makes tink noises. Sorry I dont seem to have any pics of it out in the sunlight. I thought of building a gas gun but I dont want it to be too realistic

Attachments

Heres some pics of the progress on the bike. as you can see the air filter i moved the hole over to the side where it was in the middle before to tuck it in closer to the front. Today i mostly worked on the seat got it most of the way mounted just have to drill a few holes in the sissy bar. When thats done i can sit on it and determine where to put the foot pegs. I dont know yet if i want two seperate or just a bar welded across the front. I think a single bar might look the most appropriate

Attachments

That thing is ultra sick, nice to see a new jeep2003 build (I'm Woody's Garage on youtube)
Hey man! Yeah getting back into it iv got all sorts of ideas all of a sudden. Plus I got a newer computer and my cameras were acting up so i didnt have editing software for a long time but now i do and i picked up a few more cameras to try. I havnt been making much video of this but I'll probably put together a little video on it.

Got the seat mounted. I welded pegs on the frame so the sissy bar slides down onto them. Thats just what worked out best Im just working with what iv got. Its not really a sissy bar I think it was a handle from one one of those folding old lady shopping carts

Attachments

I made the kick stand bolt on the bottom of the engine plate I didnt want to put it on the framerail and get caught on the ground. I might end up welding on the bracket because one bolt probably wont cut it. Also threw a headlight on it just for looks. And made the clutch cover mount and welded on the foot bar. All thats left now is the clutch cover and some final welds and holes to drill.

Attachments

I really had no plan when i started this but it came out great. Made of stainless i used a pot lid for the round part. Very hard to work with stainless it doesnt like to bend at all. It springs right back and if you go too far it will snap. I bent it to where i wanted it held it there and heated it red hot. That relieved the tension and kinda made it stay. I got it all together and holes filled. Just welded it with regular mig wire on the inside and tried not to burn through the pan part is pretty thin. I tried to smooth it as much as possible to polish it i was dreding that part. I tried dome different roloc discs on the angle die grinder and found the brown ones made a nice circle that reminded me of engine turning I said hell i'll give that a try. A whole 2" disc wasnt working it was just too big not enough power to spin it and it skated around. So i cut some down to like 3/4" to make the swirls. Its definatly not Bugatti quality but thats ok

Attachments

Looking good. A few years back I made a chopper and used one of those old Shwinn springer fork assemblies. Was not functional but looked way cool. Will be keeping an eye on this build.
Regards,
Joe51

Thanks guys! Yeah the wheels are from the wheelie horse tractor i made with the v twin. I cut it up and am using the front end on the mini snowmobile. I want to build a little car with the V twin but still kinda planning that one out. I probably have a few bikes with pot clutch covers the one in my avatar has one too. Today I wrapped the chrome on the forks and started spraying the blue. Its a nice color rustoleom the can is so old it doesnt have a barcode lol

Attachments

Almost done its looking great. I need a few parts before i can continue a brake handle and a chain link. I got the throttle hooked up but its still got the air vane governer so that might take some tinkering. I may end up bypassing that but it would be just changing the spring to a rod

Attachments