chrome plating Briggs & Stratton parts

tomc

Just curious, anyone had a shroud/flywheel cover chrome plated for a vintage Briggs 3-5 HP engine recently? Who would do it and about how much would it cost?

tomc

Just curious, anyone had a shroud/flywheel cover chrome plated for a vintage Briggs 3-5 HP engine recently? Who would do it and about how much would it cost?
I just looked an there's a 3HP on Ebay now for $195 buy-it-now plus $38 shipping. I wonder how close the cost of getting the plating done will come to that? We have nowhere here in western NC to get plating done that I know of.

I just looked an there's a 3HP on Ebay now for $195 buy-it-now plus $38 shipping. I wonder how close the cost of getting the plating done will come to that? We have nowhere here in western NC to get plating done that I know of.
The seller is a member here. It would cost pretty much that $195 to just get the shroud chromed, give or take a bit. But then the chrome on Mark's Briggs is scratched up, has a decal on it, etc. and you can't compare that with new chrome by a reputable chrome shop.