chrysler 82015 - how to remove the clutch

i have Couparral - Chrysler 82015 engine with the original snowmobile clutch attached. How do I remove the clutch? Looks like a Salsbury clutch for belt operation.

Thanks
T-roy

Attachments

CarPlayLB

last one I had, I cut it off with an abrasive wheel! LOL
There is a shaft that screws onto the PTO shaft. It goes over the whole shaft. Mine was roached, but I think once you get past the outer bell there is a nut that you can turn to get it off. It's only been there for forty years so it should come right off! Hahaha...NOT! An impact gun is your friend! Good luck!

those three bolts just hold the cover on
must snowmobile clutches need a tool like this that is made specifically made for that brand clutch and engine

basicually the tool threads into the clutch and the narrower part on the end pushes against the end of the crankshaft,turn and tap the end of the tool till the cutch breaks loose

CarPlayLB

I had a clutch like that on a 5 horse tecumseh, a big sized 3 prong pulley puller will work well to pop it right off.
Negative ghost rider! Been there, tried that! The rear part of the pulley next to the engine is cast metal, maybe even pot metal. Goes into very small pieces in a hurry!

bikebudy

Banned - Must pay $500
Old Salisbury Clutch, Is there not a center bolt ? IF not , remove the three bolts and bell.

Salisbury is well known for the clutch being all Aluminum, other than the springs / arms , etc.

They molded the main part to a steel tapered shank. The only real Correct way to remove it is with a clutch puller bolt.

It threads to the inner thread of the clutch shaft.

Heat is your best friend, heating the inner half of the clutch will expand the steel shank from the crankshaft.

Best of luck, I have had very little luck when it comes to pulling this particular clutch.

Don't Hit this clutch like ithis " Video " The Salisbury will not stand up to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZ7Pt29izPc&feature=player_embedded