Chrysler Sno Runner

toomanytoys

Not if you know where to look.

Snorunner.com

Guys name is Walt, and he has EVERYTHING you need. From a NOS unit still in the crate, to gaskets, decals, service manuals, new track, plastic covers, etc.
1) Look for a complete one.
2)Lots to look out for- many of them are missing the recoil units, you can get a new one from walt or you can try ebay. Most of the tracks are rusted stiff, or have busted paddles or both. You can also get that from Walt, but I buy my tracks from Recreational liesure (yes the makers of Lil Indian). Most of them still have old fuel and the carbs are all gummed up. Depending on how bad it is you can rebuild it for about 25 bucks or get a new one from Walt for around 70.
3)common problems are busted/missing recoil, worn track, broken plastic covers, seat gets worn by the pull cord, and the switches are cheap and notorious for braking. Plus the front ski wears out, as well as the rear track area. all of these parts are available, though some more than others. I myself use a Fox minibike multi switch for my controls, as it is waaay cheaper and you can control everything with one switch.
4)Price range? I guess it depends on condition. Last year I've seen no less than 4 of these brand new in the box go between $1100 and $1800. I usually see complete ones go from 300 and up. If it has the High performance muffler, those go for $350 by themselves, so use your best judgement. I have at least six and the most I have paid was $200, but none were complete.

By the way Greg they are not slow. They use a West Bend Power Bee 820, 134cc 2 stroke that is factory DE-tuned to 7 hp. With the hi po muffler, thinner head gasket and fiber reeds mine puts out over 11 hp, and I was able to get 42 mph (according to my gps anyway) and it felt like a hundred. It throws rooster tails when you hit the gas. In no way does it compare to a real snowmobile, but still a BLAST to drive.:thumbsup:
Thats really awesome...now I want to blow money on that as well.

The recoil off a Tecuseh two stroke snow blower fits on the Chrysler engine.There is plenty of them on ebay for less than sno runner recoil.

motocycle

Sno-Runner

Congratulations on you finding a Sno-Runner.

I've had a few but never actually rode one. It seems the snow has to be almost perfect; and then you should have level ground, maybe like a frozen lake.

They are neat though.

I still have one in a crate, sold the runners I had. I sold some stuff to a guy in WI; but I can't remember if it was Walt or not, been a while ago.

I think I still have an extra shipping crate; has Chrysler painted on the crate.

Certainly a nice thing to display at a show, or something. They are sort of long but you can store them easily; just hang them from the ceiling. Oh yea, they don't weigh much.

I'm looking for my pics right now.

motocycle

It took a couple of years to find one local.It was listed without a picture way down in ad i jumped on it.I need to fix it before the a snow flies

I have the original reproductions made well over ten years ago, these are the ones on Chad Well's Sno-Runners.

I will check my supply and make these available once again.

and for the fella with the Spitfire....I think you meant 1982, they did not make a JD Spitfire in 1972 :)

Sorry for hijacking the post but I have a pair of Snowrunners I picket up last year, I planed on ridding them this winter but no way in hell I am going out there -it's to frickin' cold.

$600 for the pair
One needs a carb cleaned, the other is missing the throttle linkage assembly (at the carb)