Clayon's Moto Skeeter Resto-Mod

Here it is......

This year for the build-off I've decided to restore my 1972 Moto Skeeter 550. These bikes were made by the Moto Ski company out of Quebec, Canda, only made for 2 years, 1971 and 1972. They are kinda tough to find, and parts for the 5.5hp BSE 2-stroke are really scarce, but thanks to Suzuki I've got what I need. I can't wait to get crackin', and I wish all the other build off participants good luck this year. :thumbsup:

You're not allowed to announce it until 2013.....you're disqualified !!! :facepalm:

Thanks for playing............:smile:
Technically it is already 2013 in China, Greenland, London, South Africa, Moscow, etc.... In fact the latter three places we have OldMiniBikes members in. :hammer:

Last edited:
Clay.....

First off my friend :thumbsup: i want to thank you for getting this gig all organized and under way :doah: I know it's alot of work and time invovled :doah: Have a great time building that "Skeeter" :thumbsup: here on the 2013 OldMiniBikes :thumbsup: Build Off!

BC DAVE :thumbsup:

Thanks Dave. :thumbsup:

Well....it's time. I cracked open my 2nd 5.5hp BSE 2-stroke motor and I am hoping that it can be saved. Only problem is that it is rusted up and dirty as heck. I didn't get that far with it today since my main objective is to get my paint booth rigged up so I can finish off painting the 'skeeter.

needs some TIG welding done to fix that damn crack :doah:

got the lighting coil out.

The only reason that I made it this far is because I am using a secret weapon, a mixture if 1/2 automatic transmission fluid and 1/2 acetone, it penetrates much better then WD40. :thumbsup:

YOU EVEN GOT A MOTOR??? :eek:hmy:

I was gonna say theres a NICE looking motor for like 50 or 75 bucks that pops up on CL every once in a while..

But nevermind.. :laugh: