Clinton 404 0100 object

What is this above the flywheel? Some kind of govenor or something. Never seen this.

Did a lot of cleaning and stripping on it today. Shroud is now free of rust and paint. Love it.

1stBxMopar

It appears to be bent. It should be straightened and hooked to a linkage rod that goes from the vane to the flange on top of the throttle door....

Look at the top of this picture, it is the only one I have that shows the vane, but you should get an idea, the other end of the rod goes to the top of the throttle door.... hope this helped...

Last edited:
It appears to be bent. It should be straightened and hooked to a linkage rod that goes from the vane to the flange on top of the throttle door....

Look at the top of this picture, it is the only one I have that shows the vane, but you should get an idea, the other end of the rod goes to the top of the throttle door.... hope this helped...
Yeah I looked at a diagram. Thats pretty much it. There isnt a carb on this engine so its not surprising im missing the rest. Lol. Thanks. I'll prob not bother governing this one.