Clone 6.5 Governor removal help

fhpe77

You should read this:

https://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/...ur-engine-and-OldMiniBikes-please-read.35509/

This forum has a strict policy about removing the governor on stock engines. I suggest that you return your governor to functional condition until you upgrade to a billet flywheel. Add a billet connecting rod for more durability. These engines are easy to work on with basic hand tools and most forum members will be glad to assist you with advice about these modifications. A billet flywheel costs significantly less than an emergency room visit.

-Ray

DaddyJohn

fhpe77 is entirely correct.

However, if we give drbrak the benefit of the doubt that he installed the other necessities as part of his project, I'd say the following in response to the CT200u trying to drive at idle...

The clutch is only able to engage at a certain rpm. Seems this rpm is being reached at the lowest throttle setting (idle). That tells me you either need to adjust your idle down at the carburetor, or your throttle cable is adjusted incorrectly (threaded too far out of the throttle control) and is holding the throttle open slightly.

fhpe77

DaddyJohn,

But they are a new member. We must bring them into the fold. I don't want to see anyone get hurt. Hopefully dbrak is still reading this. Billet flywheels are cheap insurance. Yep, gokart racing..blah..blah....but they don't operate with flywheels spinning under their nuts. We gotta hold a higher standard considering what's at stake. Hopefully dbrak tells us they already have a billet flywheel and rod....

-Ray

fhpe77

DaddyJohn,

Hahaha! Nice. Yes, we do make a good team. I'd like to see some pics of their throttle setup. It takes some thought to work that out. Before I ditched the stock carb for a Chikuni the last problem was the much <1/4 turn of the twist grip from idle to full throttle. That made the bike a real handful. Perfect for drag racing but not so good for a hotrod street cruiser. I had some ideas for modding the stock throttle plate thingy that bolts to the block to increase the length of the arm where the cable attaches but never executed that plan. I'm sure it can be done, which is why I'd like to see pics of other setups. Oh, and you are spot on with your tech question response. :)

-Ray