clone lots of compression after head and cam swap

slap

Ok i got a brand new box stock project engine just put in a black mamba cam a 22cc head milled .65 26lb springs and 26/25 valves this is my first engine I did I can't seem to get the valve lash set right when I tighten down on the 10mm head screw holding back the 14mm one the gap closes to tight I been fighting with this any tips ??? Or tricks

try backing off the 14 as your tightening the ten and just keep making sure the feeler gauge can move. make sure when the 14 is were you want it hold your hand against the frame or a point of were you know it didn't move just keep doing it until you achieve your goal.

slap

I been doing it like that I even tried putting a bigger sized feeler gauge and I'm still have the same issue I adjusted them so many times I'll try again tomorrow had to walk away it was stressing me lol

trinik7597

:doah: ok so you have 26# springs , aluminum retainers and higher locks so you are probably not hitting and the rockers and hardware are stock honda so what exactly is the problem you are having ???

compression is just way to high I lifted the who bike off the ground trying to crank it I cant seem to get the valve lash set when I set it I tighten down on the 10mm head nut and even back off on the 14mm bolt and its still tightening down to much its prob me not doing something right but it got my nerves bad had to walk away from it for now

It probably seems like to much compression...because you don't have the valves adjusted right. The 14mm nut is the adjustment nut and the 10mm is the jam nut...adjust with a 14mm wrench, then hold it and tighten the 10mm nut down to lock it.

hold on slap :thumbsup: you got a couple things going on !!! first off the head is cc'ed at 14.8 and the cam has no comp. release on it . that is the set up i was gonna use on my drag bike with the exception of champion rockers . until i went with a bigger valve head and much bigger cam . you might have to put your foot on the bike to start it :thumbsup:

You better get an electric starter before you break a wrist or get a Purple nipple it's gonna be tough almost impossible to start that without a compression release and make sure the valves are adj.1/4'' past TDC on Compression stroke

Is the mamba a 275 lift cam? It will be fine if you have a comp release. How about the dyno CM? I think it's 265 or 275. I'm running it with a 0.020 over rod and 14cc head, and it fires easily.