clone recoil

I need the whole recoil.Mine the center piece broke loose that the spool spins on.I put it back and welded it but no go.I guess there not all the same
because i put on my baja heat engine and it bound up (probably what started break).

125ccCrazy

I need the whole recoil.Mine the center piece broke loose that the spool spins on.I put it back and welded it but no go.I guess there not all the same
because i put on my baja heat engine and it bound up (probably what started break).
If all the other parts are good I have the metal cover but you'd have to transfer everything over...

E-bay...whole brand new one with the flywheel cup is 21.95 + shipping.....or without the cup for 14.95 + shipping. B_m_karting...item numbers 120550961289....and 120580406769

Last edited:

125ccCrazy

E-bay...whole brand new one with the flywheel cup is 21.95 + shipping.....or without the cup for 14.95 + shipping. B_m_karting...item numbers 120550961289....and 120580406769
A new one would definately be the way to go... rewinding the spring on these style recoils is a pain since they get so stiff just before you have it wound small enough to install... Go with a gx160 with a short cup...

Thanks for all the help.I guess i may need the whole thing.I dont know
what else could be messed up.

And it should be the same as a gx160?

125ccCrazy

Thanks for all the help.I guess i may need the whole thing.I dont know
what else could be messed up.

And it should be the same as a gx160?
hard to tell without seeing it, if just the post broke off the rest is probably good but they are a pain to reassemble with that stiff spring, I was told there's some special racheting tool to wind and hold the spring when placing it in the pulley part....I tried to rewind my original recoil after disassembling it to paint but gave up after several attempts and had a local mower shop do it..just about the time I had it wound small enough to assemble it would get too stiff to hold and unwind..

gx120,gx160 will bolt on....I just bought a Honda for mine...the Hondas and better aftermarket recoils have a black pulley, the clones have the creamy white pulleys..