Clutch Band Brake Mount Predator 212cc

I made this mount for my bike after looking around I did not see any for sale
Im going to have 15 made at first to sell
I will supply all hardware to bolt it to the engine, all you will need is the brake, brake lever, and cable

I can provide the links to those parts

The mount will come powdercoated black, if you want a custom color that I have in stock let me know and I can do one another color

hopefully in a week or so they will be available for sale
this is just to get the word out

Im shooting for $35 shipped usa
they will also be on ebay, and amazon too for a little higher price to cover the extra fess those sites charge

So keep an eye out here once they are finished I will post them up for sale

here is how mine ended up, im hoping the mass produced ones will be similar to this style
I will leave out the bottom right hole and keep it solid
I found out when doing mine the chain hit that bolt head

rmm727

You must not have looked too hard. OldMiniBikes Warehouse sells the mount. I like the shape of your design but IMO it needs CNC plasma or laser cut if you're going to sell them. I would round over the corners of the tab for the brake cable as well. Those sharp corners will hurt. I couldn't imagine hand making enough of them to sell. Draw that up in Inventor and send it off to a plasma table. Actually, I think I'm gonna go work on that right now. But seriously, it sounds like I'm trying to bust your balls but I do really like your design.

You must not have looked too hard. OldMiniBikes Warehouse sells the mount. I like the shape of your design but IMO it needs CNC plasma or laser cut if you're going to sell them. I would round over the corners of the tab for the brake cable as well. Those sharp corners will hurt. I couldn't imagine hand making enough of them to sell. Draw that up in Inventor and send it off to a plasma table. Actually, I think I'm gonna go work on that right now. But seriously, it sounds like I'm trying to bust your balls but I do really like your design.

no I didnt look too long
looked on ebay, saw nothing
bought all the parts from OldMiniBikes, and I had assumed in the brake area is where I would of found the mount
but I did not see any and that site has way too much other stuff I didnt want to spend hours looking for something I had no idea was made

can you post a link

I am having them cnc plasma cut out
mine was made by hand, and I did forget to round off the edges I even said that in my bike build thread

but with my forward peg setup your no where near touching it

I just made a video so once thats done I will post

as for any clutch guards or whatever
I know nothing about mini bikes, I have no idea what those would look like

I have seen some pics with huge box things covering up everything

im fine with my stuff exposed its not a concern for me

I missed that part. I didn't read your build thread.

Here is the part.

Band Brake Bracket for Chain Guard

Chain Guard

ok I never looked for anything with the word chain guard
and I still cant even imagine how that bracket would work I was looking for something similar to what I made
so thats how I missed that all the photos I searched for showed more like what I made so thats what I was focused on looking for

The cable goes thru a hole you drill in a bolt. They dont include the bolt.
ok I get it
its a chain guard first

so if you buy the cheap one you still need to do the bolt and all that stuff

or buy the one with the holes drilled already
ok I understand now

and im assuming thats compatible with many engines?

I think I understand how that mounts now more of a universal fit

A provision for a cover would be a nice addition to it, I like the way it mounts to all four holes and the way the cable stay is built in. I need a cover on my clutches and usually make my own from old real estate signs or any flat or thick roll stock scrap I can find. I'm cheap and make all my own parts when able much like you it seems. I wish you success in selling them, you should contact Hent the head guy here about becoming a vendor so as not to get crossways with the site's own parts warehouse.:thumbsup:

A provision for a cover would be a nice addition to it, I like the way it mounts to all four holes and the way the cable stay is built in. I need a cover on my clutches and usually make my own from old real estate signs or any flat or thick roll stock scrap I can find. I'm cheap and make all my own parts when able much like you it seems. I wish you success in selling them, you should contact Hent the head guy here about becoming a vendor so as not to get crossways with the site's own parts warehouse.:thumbsup:
it only uses 3 bolt holes
the 4th would hit the chain but I didnt know that until I put in the chain
the ones im making will only have 3 bolt holes drilled out to mount to the engine

it only uses 3 bolt holes
the 4th would hit the chain but I didnt know that until I put in the chain
the ones im making will only have 3 bolt holes drilled out to mount to the engine
So no plans for a cover then? I'm getting ready to make a clutch brake bracket for a project I need to finish that was originally a sprocket/disc brake, I plan to make mine more like the OldMiniBikes brackets with a provision to mount a cover though. I've been crossways with an uncovered clutch too many times not to run a cover, set a couple of shoes on fire or close to it.

So no plans for a cover then? I'm getting ready to make a clutch brake bracket for a project I need to finish that was originally a sprocket/disc brake, I plan to make mine more like the OldMiniBikes brackets with a provision to mount a cover though. I've been crossways with an uncovered clutch too many times not to run a cover, set a couple of shoes on fire or close to it.
I have no idea what the cover would even look like
I need to see some ideas first