Coleman BT200X help

I am leaning towards trying to bypass the governor by using this:

https://www.OldMiniBikes.com/throttle-assembly-for-ungoverned-engines-gx200-predator-212.html

Does anyone have any idea if this would work? Basically the governor arm would just sit there and the carb wouldn't be dependent on the arm returning it. Just wondering if I did this, what could be the possible repercussions? I have a buddy at work that said he would help me with removing the governor and putting on that kit, if this doesn't work. Not sure if the governor does anything else within the engine that would cause the throttle assembly I linked to not work?

so your wanting a crankshaft conversion so you can use a torue converter 5/8-3/4? and wanting to govern the engine rpm yourself rather than the engine mechanically doing it for you?
you can simply zip tie the spring from the governor shaft back to the throttle linkage. just need to keep rpms within reason before getting the rod and flywheel!! Also go power sports sells a torque converter kit that's made specifically for you 16mm(5/8) crank that also lifts the engine up to avoid cutting the frame. The kit from OldMiniBikes neecds to also offer a 5/8 crankshaft option imo. They would sell a ton more!

so your wanting a crankshaft conversion so you can use a torue converter 5/8-3/4? and wanting to govern the engine rpm yourself rather than the engine mechanically doing it for you?
you can simply zip tie the spring from the governor shaft back to the throttle linkage. just need to keep rpms within reason before getting the rod and flywheel!! Also go power sports sells a torque converter kit that's made specifically for you 16mm(5/8) crank that also lifts the engine up to avoid cutting the frame. The kit from OldMiniBikes neecds to also offer a 5/8 crankshaft option imo. They would sell a ton more!
If you buy the GPS TC for the 5/8ths shaft, it doesn't fit well on the BT200x. The chain hits the driven pulley, so you need to shim between the gear and the pulley. If you use washer, you need to slot them for the key to fit them on the shaft.

I just helped a friend yesterday that bought this kit and this is what happened. If you read the reviews for it also, there are guys with BT200x's that say the same thing about the chain getting caught on the pulley.