Coleman bt200x won't start

My neighbor's kid has a coleman bt200x & he rode for about a week & all of a sudden it quit running & is hard to get started but when it does start it cuts off as soon as you get on it. He's been leaving the gas on (dont know if that has something to do with it). I took the carb off & cleaned it same thing happened so I thought it might be flooded so I cut the gas off & kept pulling it to try & burn the gas in the motor off but still nothing. What else could it be?

Take out the bolt under the carb bowl that is on the 45* angle. Let the gas run out into a cup and check if you have good flow. The filters on those engines clog easily.

No, I think the float is hanging up & Continuously letting gas flow, going to change the float & jets today
I would do all the above and then...pull the plug immediately after it quit and look at it. Then replace it with a new one and connect an in-line spark tester, mine are Oregon brand, the one with the little light filament in the glass tube, and start it. This can help confirm carburetor or wiring or points- condenser- coil- magneto issues.
Hope this helps,
Steve

This may sound odd, but I've had a mini bike where the plastic piece over the filter had the choke diagram wrong, so when you thought it was off it was really on and vice versa. I'm assuming you have already looked at that though since you've had the carb off, so I doubt it'd be that. Just thought I'd mention it though.

It could also be a loose spark plug wire. Make sure it's pushed all the way down. And if you think the actual crank case may be filled with gas, remove the spark plug altogether and pull the pullstart a few times. It should kick out any liquid in the crank case via the spark plug hole.

And depending on how old the neighbor kid is, are you sure he didn't try to adjust the governor/throttle screws? He may have fiddled with the throttle cable/housing, or possibly turned the plastic screw adjustment on the carb which would mess up the idle causing it to not want to stay running.

This may sound odd, but I've had a mini bike where the plastic piece over the filter had the choke diagram wrong, so when you thought it was off it was really on and vice versa. I'm assuming you have already looked at that though since you've had the carb off, so I doubt it'd be that. Just thought I'd mention it though.

It could also be a loose spark plug wire. Make sure it's pushed all the way down. And if you think the actual crank case may be filled with gas, remove the spark plug altogether and pull the pullstart a few times. It should kick out any liquid in the crank case via the spark plug hole.

And depending on how old the neighbor kid is, are you sure he didn't try to adjust the governor/throttle screws? He may have fiddled with the throttle cable/housing, or possibly turned the plastic screw adjustment on the carb which would mess up the idle causing it to not want to stay running.
I took the spark plug out & the plug was filed out & covered in oil. I put a new spark plug in it but still nothing. His carb doesn't have any adjustments for the carb just the throttle limiter.

I took the spark plug out & the plug was filed out & covered in oil. I put a new spark plug in it but still nothing. His carb doesn't have any adjustments for the carb just the throttle limiter.
Smell the old plug. Is it REALLY oil or gas and carbon? If it's oil you might have to flush the combustion chamber out but if it's gas it's flooded.

It was over filled so I drained it & put the right amount but still nothing
That's step one. Try pulling the spark plug, spray a little brakleen or starting fluid in there, pull it a few times without the plug, then put the plug in and try to start. Wouldn't hurt to give the plug itself a squirt to flush out any oil or gas that could be shorting it out. Also, tell him to turn off the gas next time!:rolleyes:

That's step one. Try pulling the spark plug, spray a little brakleen or starting fluid in there, pull it a few times without the plug, then put the plug in and try to start. Wouldn't hurt to give the plug itself a squirt to flush out any oil or gas that could be shorting it out. Also, tell him to turn off the gas next time!:rolleyes:
Ok will do. & I told him that as soon as I found out lol

Fuel related problems can be reduced.
Buy a new No Spill gas can, add Sea Foam, fill with Rec 90. If no Rec 90 is available, substitute pump gas of your choice, Sea Foam and Lucas oil Ethanol gas treatment and stabilizer, the emerald green colored stuff.
Remove all the old fuel in the powerplant and replace with your new mix.
This all works for me,
Steve