Coleman CC100X

Just purchased a Coleman CC100X, I needed a toy I could afford to play with. Family and bills takes money from my vehicles, so this seemed like a fun project. Picked it up for about $330 shipped, removed the throttle stop screw before I even started it and have been having fun on the dirt trails around my High Desert town in East Kern county in California. I’m okay with the 3HP motor for now but already ordered an intake kit, and would like to the exhaust, and figure out a jet kit, but it looks like I have an EPA carburetor. Are there any carbs that bolt on with little modifications? PZ19? Or order a new P15 carb? I found afordible go karts modifies P15 carbs, but not sure if they do the new style.
I plan on ordering the GPS suspension front forks and some handle bars when I get some extra money. Maybe a 212 predator swap down the line once I get more familiar with riding in the dirt, already crashed and took out my brake lever. 6526F6FE-756F-4B11-AE2A-E394761D3AEB.jpeg AC13687B-D9C3-4B2C-9FBF-6DC494BE23CE.jpeg 6526F6FE-756F-4B11-AE2A-E394761D3AEB.jpeg 6526F6FE-756F-4B11-AE2A-E394761D3AEB.jpeg

I like that little bike. Its cool looking. If go with the pz19 carb since its a slide and is more tunable. The stock one can remove the non removable carb jet with a torx bit and a hammer if you wanted to play with the stock carburetor. I dont know if you can remove and install other pilot jets on the 79cc. You can get pretty decent results from the stock one too with some tuning. Those are highly moddable little bikes so have fun man and enjoy.

I think I have seen that same bike also called a pit viper. pretty cool little rig. I will say one thing about your wipe out, could be from your backwards front tire. I noticed on a used monster moto 212 i just got that had the same thing, the steerin would pull hard to one side or the other when off center. so It may have caused your wipeout, at least thats the story i'd stick with lol have fun with it, little buggers are addictin. Flip that front tire/rim around and see how it handles .

I think I have seen that same bike also called a pit viper. pretty cool little rig. I will say one thing about your wipe out, could be from your backwards front tire. I noticed on a used monster moto 212 i just got that had the same thing, the steerin would pull hard to one side or the other when off center. so It may have caused your wipeout, at least thats the story i'd stick with lol have fun with it, little buggers are addictin. Flip that front tire/rim around and see how it handles .
The bassackwards tire was the first thing I noticed in the photos. Those have weird geometry in the fork, also. Most motorcycles have the axle offset ahead of the steering head (must be a reason), the offset is usually in the triple clamps. This minibike has the axle offset behind the steering head (pivot) with the offset being in the axle mounts, that may make for wonky handling...

desert rat

I also caught the front tire right off. In the soft sand you have out there that tire will just push in a turn and not "cut" in like it should. Also watch your tire PSI , in the big bikes out here we run about 4-5 psi in the rears and around 9 in the fronts to deal with the soft sand. I also think your front end is on backwards. Look to see if you can flip it around that would fix the tire and the steering geometry at the same time. Looks like your over in Apple valley / Barstow area ( sand) I'm in Calcity (tire cutting rocks). 1607610068240.png

I noticed the backwards front tire too today and flipped it around. So I’ll test it out again when I have some extra time to go play after work and before some family time.
Parts finally came in and I needed to clean up the hole for the pin from the cable to properly line up on the brake lever. KnN air filter and adapter are on, but it almost seems like it might be more trouble off-road than just hitting top speed on blacktop. Exhaust should be here this week, and I’m sure that’s where the biggest restriction in the motor is, so I might swap the stock air box back on until I’m able to figure out the carb. 113F1072-45CF-4E8D-865B-2ED23675756A.jpeg