Coleman CT200u - Engine Swapping Predator 212cc

I just picked up a Coleman ct200u, and had no idea how cheap the replacement Predator 212cc engines are. Is there a parts list of everything needed to engine swap the predator for the factory hisun engine? I assume the predator bolts into the factory frame holes?

Just did one. You will have to go to the next size larger centrifugal clutch.(3/4") It bolted right in the same holes.
I did have to add a few links to the chain.

SAS289

Is that all it took? Does the predator engine come with the carb/filter/etc
The 212's come complete just needing oil and gas.

Besides the clutch you need the 3/4" clutch spacer and the 5/16x24 bolts for the jackshaft and bolt for the clutch. The Hisun bolts are metric.

You will want to eliminate the low oil sensor on the 212 and connect the bikes kill switch where the low oil sensor used to plug to. You can eliminate or keep the 212 kill switch on the engine. If you keep the engine switch in the system make sure it stays in the on position and use the handlebar switch for on/off. You could use either switch to turn off the engine.

If you get the hemi head version of the 212 the Hisun tank with it's offset gas cap will bolt right on. The 212 tank will work but the Hisun tank is nicer if you want the offset fill.

You shouldn't need to add links to your stock chain.

I asked my local HF if they had the " Non-Hemi"engine ( many of the workers have no clue what the diff is) and darned if they did not find me one at another location! With a 20% off coupon and my Military discount I got a great engine for a very fair price.

The 212's come complete just needing oil and gas.

Besides the clutch you need the 3/4" clutch spacer and the 5/16x24 bolts for the jackshaft and bolt for the clutch. The Hisun bolts are metric.

You will want to eliminate the low oil sensor on the 212 and connect the bikes kill switch where the low oil sensor used to plug to. You can eliminate or keep the 212 kill switch on the engine. If you keep the engine switch in the system make sure it stays in the on position and use the handlebar switch for on/off. You could use either switch to turn off the engine.

If you get the hemi head version of the 212 the Hisun tank with it's offset gas cap will bolt right on. The 212 tank will work but the Hisun tank is nicer if you want the offset fill.

You shouldn't need to add links to your stock chain.
Where’s the best place to pickup a clutch, or would a torque converter be best?

SAS289

Where’s the best place to pickup a clutch, or would a torque converter be best?
I would say that the torque converter is best. Research the install options. Easier costs more.

I have 2 200U's. One with a torque converter and a stock bike with a clutch. I recently rode the bike with the clutch after not riding it since spring and it is just as fun as the bike with all the money into it with a torque converter, engine parts, and front suspension kit.

Most people like the torque converter more than a clutch. It does have smoother engagement, better low end, and a much higher top speed. And depending on what you want there is really no need for major engine mods to have a fun bike once the torque converter is installed. A stage 1 kit and a torque converter is really all you need. And if you want to change gearing (sprockets) it's easy enough to do later.

It depends on your riding. If your going to ride around your neighborhood or the like, a Torque converter is the best choice.
Off road,change the rear sprocket to a 60 tooth and keep the chain. I've burned up two belts off-road riding in my mountains.

When I got my ct200 right out of the box never even put oil in the stock engine I did a Hemi Predator and torque converter clutch swap it has been a great bike for me with no problems..

You can get the torque converters or clutches from go powersports, OldMiniBikes warehouse, monster scooter parts, bmi karts and more. They have cheaper and more expensive clutches and torque converters depending on your budget. I prefer OldMiniBikes warehouse and go powersports. Those are the go to