Coleman CT200u EX Advice

So disclaimer, although I know some things I'm not super knowledgeable about engines, specifically small engines so excuse the dumb question ha.

I got a new Coleman CT200u EX and I did cut the throttle adjustment screw off (it is now welded on so you cannot adjust it to increase throttle ability) but that is really all I have done to it. I'd like to do some performance upgrades but don't really have the time to learn about do them at the moment.

Now for the dumb question, when I'm going down hill, if its on like a steep hill you can tell I just cruise down in neutral, however if I'm riding and get to start going down the hill the clutch slows me down a good bit. Is this normal or presenting an issue?

It'd be nice to do something so the clutch wasn't slowing me down so much, but like I said I accept that I don't have the knowledge to do much modifications quickly or the time to learn how to do them at the present time so I accept If it's just because of the stock clutch and stuff than I'll have to deal with it for now, I just wanna make sure there's no issue or something.

Thanks much for any help.

Sorry for the belated reply, but going down hill the clutch should not have any effect on "braking". It should be freewheeling at idle speed.
Now that said, if your idle speed is too high, it could cause the clutch to be trying to lock up, so you would have an initial amount of drag, but it should stop the instant the engine speed drops down. Only other thing would be if the spring(s) on the clutch got overheated and loss tension, then the clutch would be trying to engage all the time, and act slightly like a brake. Easy to check, go downhill with the engine off, see how it acts then. If it still feels like the bike is dragging, something else is causing it.

I just installed a stage 1 kit and a torque conversion kit. Went from 23mph to 35mph and the response from the throttle is much better. Not very hard to do as long as you can follow along w videos and have a basic understanding of tools. I had to do a slight adjustment w the torque conversion. The back "wheel" of the torque conversion was rubbing on my chain. I took it off and slide two 5/8 washers between it and the chain. Works like a dream