Coleman CT200U Gas Cap Leak

Hello, Forgive me in advance, I have no mechanical knowledge! I have 2 Coleman CT200U Mini Bikes that my kids received from their Grandfather. The problem is that both leak gas from the cap. One much more than the other. I've checked the gasket on each and made sure everything was aligned and it put on tightly. One son tells me his only leaks a little and mostly when he has a fuller tank. The others leaks quite a bit and every time he rides no matter how much gas he has in the tank. Is this a common problem? Is there a replacement cap that will fix this? I would really appreciate any advice.

Thank You!

capguncowboy

Are you sure the gas is leaking at the cap?

What kind of engine are you running?

I know the B&S engines with the on-tank carbs will leak like mad if the gasket between the tank and carb isn't just right.

If it really is just leaking from the cap, just replace the gas cap(s). They have them on OldMiniBikes's storefront, and Ebay.

Baja had the same issue and sent me two replacement caps, you should contact the manufacturer or dealer and see if others have had the same issue and if they will send you a better cap. You need to keep the kids off them till you solve the problem one way or another. On Ebay they sell gas caps for Honda and clone engines that would likely fit the Coleman engine if you want to just try something else to fix them.