Coleman ct200u only ideal on half choke or more

First off this is almost new, and worked for a total of 2 hours overall. Then the next time it was started won't run with choke off but for about 2 to 10 seconds at idle or one pull of the throttle and it will shut off on return to idle.

Removed carb cleaned all ports and jet plus tube.

Reassembled same issues. Tried with no gas cap to rule put venting same issue. Checked for missing or leaking plugged areas (was told it could be a vacuum leak) No difference, checked for vacuum leak like I would on a car, no leak found.

Pulled sparkplug and swapped it with another known good from an identical bike (we have 3 same ones). No difference. Really baffled it acts like it's not getting enough gas maybe not sure. But if I hold the throttle on just a bit it will run with the choke off for maybe a min.

Is it possible it's not getting enough fuel via the inlet? The bowl does fill fine and the needle is working.

There has got to be something I missed. Any advice?

..i would block up back wheel off ground first.. those engines seem to have to be started on choke even hot for a second then mostly half choked until starts to warm a minute.Guess see if throttle/linkages and if choke operates with air box off.How long does it run on choke?.there is an idle jet under the black idle screw..pull up carefully...check if clean ..don't worry about this pic not exactly like your carb.. IMG_20170907_084225.jpg

Last edited:
I will again dump and clean the carb.

However if I pull the duel hose gas does run just not as I would expect same goes with just dropping the bowl and turning the valve on. I assume the slow trickle of gas should be suficent since these don't use that much gas. It probaly dills the fuel bowl up in a few weeks from empty. This should be adequate to maintain the level.

chrisr

when you open the fuel petcock it should flow good into an open catch container and not just tinkle out; granted it does not use all the fuel like drinking out of fire hose but just checking for restrictions.

chrisr

Any updates you can share?

I will again dump and clean the carb.

However if I pull the duel hose gas does run just not as I would expect same goes with just dropping the bowl and turning the valve on. I assume the slow trickle of gas should be suficent since these don't use that much gas. It probaly dills the fuel bowl up in a few weeks from empty. This should be adequate to maintain the level.

Sorry did not update, was the f-ing nipple from tank (plastic) had some sort of fsctory defect allowing only a trickle because of apparent molding flash left over from manufacturing the nipple. I took a small enough drill bit and pushed it trhough the nipple till it hit the obstruction and cleared it. After cleaning out tank all was well. Nothing wrong with carb