Coleman CT200U seat, shocks, front end mods finished today

Stitch

Well,
I finally finished this project today. Special thanks going out to FOMOGO, KEN and TRIPLE A!
On to another custom DB30.....

0205171505a.jpg

0205171505.jpg

Nice job man..:thumbsup: yeah..for the ct200u got a some 2" black ones..may use 3 on the seat,one being up front...the 2" softer than the 3"...black coz i don't wanna see them

Looks good. Kinda funny without the front rack tho just cause I know there "should" be one on a coleman.

Last edited:
Well,
I finally finished this project today. Special thanks going out to FOMOGO, KEN and TRIPLE A!
QUOTE]

Looking good! :thumbsup: Have you had a chance to ride it yet? It has to be a huge improvement. I don't think it would look right with the rack on that setup. I don't know, just me...

Doug

Looks good. Kinda funny without the front rack tho just cause I know there "should" be one on a coleman.
..some people do buy them for price and utility of the racks. i almost put my front rack on back..the racks the first thing i removed..that's whats great about them..you don't feel like you got to stay original..mines a street bike..almost totally now..high gearing..next tires will be more streetable just so they last longer.. I'm blacking out the Coleman name on the seat.i love nature and do ride a bit into the woods just to get off and walk around,but I'm no camper.would have been different if i was young..or hunted and stuff.it's just a nice platform for a adult size basic mini to me..sketchy handling and nice powerplant steer it and stick it ..oops ..i think it's stick it and steer it :001_tongue:

Last edited:

Stitch

I am all for softer at my age Raskin! LoL. By the way, any new pictures of your's?? I haven't had a chance to ride it yet since it's cold, rainy and miserable but heck, this is northern Ohio and the weather may turn around in 15 minutes for the good or the bad! Hey Doug, I am toying with putting the front rack back on just to see what it looks like. I will be using the rear rack mostly though. I'm so glad Triple A left his garage unlocked... Made getting his seat much easier! :innocent:

I plan on using this machine at the antique engine shows this summer and I will put a milk crate on the back like Raskin's for transporting any goodies I may find at the flea markets. I figure this setup should handle all of the various riding conditions encountered. Plus I will be sneaking it out on the street now and then. I relocated the headlight and had to make a new front axle but it's not shown in the pictures. I will fire up the vinyl plotter and make some custom decals for it this week.

BEFORE AND AFTER.jpg

Last edited:
I wasn't trying to start a fight about what you have to have on a bike because it come on it. The end of the day it's your bike and if you are happy with pink paint, purple bows, and a fuzzy flowers on the seat then rock it.

But yeah I kinda like it on there better than without.

Stitch

I have to admit, It did look funny without the rack. I like the option of having it there if I need it.
I was just lazy yesterday when I finished up... Lol...

Stitch

I wasn't trying to start a fight about what you have to have on a bike because it come on it. The end of the day it's your bike and if you are happy with pink paint, purple bows, and a fuzzy flowers on the seat then rock it.

Fight????? war???? :laugh: Heck no! I totally agree with you Lol!! I always appreciate everyone's input. Otherwise, I wouldn't post here.
You gain a lot of help from honest critical observation I have always found. Sorry about any misunderstanding Neo, I do appreciate your input! But honestly, I was planning on putting it on today anyway.

Last edited:

No fight here.... I just thought it looked cleaner with out it until I saw it back on the bike and it looks right to me now. I like it!

..some people do buy them for price and utility of the racks. i almost put my front rack on back..the racks the first thing i removed..that's whats great about them..you don't feel like you got to stay original..mines a street bike..almost totally now..high gearing..next tires will be more streetable just so they last longer.. I'm blacking out the Coleman name on the seat.i love nature and do ride a bit into the woods just to get off and walk around,but I'm no camper.would have been different if i was young..or hunted and stuff.it's just a nice platform for a adult size basic mini to me..sketchy handling and nice powerplant steer it and stick it ..oops ..i think it's stick it and steer it :001_tongue:
You can wipe out The Coleman with a little acetone !!

IMG_20170206_180152.jpg IMG_20170206_180637.jpg I know yours has a nice rack ..but mines faithfull. :laugh: "rackless" Coleman..actually it has a vertical back mounted front rack .......i know my old tablet camera sux

Last edited:
Poppa Wheelie you need to show us that sticker on the rear fender. It looks interesting. [MENTION=54903]Raskin[/MENTION]

Doug
This i got at a small thrift store me and wifey coming back from St.Pete visiting family..i just put on my sissybar,the bikes red and a saw this..i had to have it..you like my tramp stamp? :biggrin: IMG_20170208_125500.jpg