Coleman ct200uex

So i tore apart the engine and found this..... When i put it all back together and started it-- it sounds bad and wont move. Now, my question is--- with this engine fit the bike in the photos without having to do to many mods? Pic #1 is what i found in the old engine. Pic 2 is the bike & pic 3 is the engine in question. I kinda have to stick with tractor supply because I have credit there.

Attachments

Last edited:

jspbtown

That motor is pretty big. The mounting dimensions are larger. The output shaft is bigger (so you will need a new clutch/torque converter). Its almost 3" taller (thats a lot), 3" wider (thats a lot) and just a little longer.

Without significant mods I don't think you can fit that in.

The first picture is a shredded up governor gear. If that blew in the engine then might be other damage on the connecting rod, cam gear/lobes, or crank, or other. The engine in your picture will fit with a couple mods, but not the HP being a concern that frame hasn't handled too well with that much torque. Recommending gussets for reliability. But, that said, it can work with a few mods such as all bolt-ons to the top removed and replaced. I've seen a few 301cc predators on the ct200u-ex

SAS289

Ok so i post a sec ago when i should have asked here--- the 208cc 7hp has a 5/8 shaft & the clutch is 3/4. Can i buy the 1 in the pic? Has the same about of teeth in it. I need the bolts to- they come with all that? Or what size do i need?
The clutch in the picture will work on your engine. Looks like it comes with the bolt you need. You still need the spacer that goes on the crankshaft prior to sliding the clutch on. You will have to check with suppliers for that.