Coleman Mini engine

I just picked up a Coleman mini bike today, and it needs a carburetor rebuild, or a new carburetor. I found very little info on this, but I found a new carburetor for $90.00. It was a direct replacement. I want to just get it running, so I found this carburator and I need to know if it will work. It doesn't matter how well it will work, as long as it does.

I also do not have any spark. Is there anything I should look at first? Any help is appreciated, thanks in advanced.

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
That carb is only 1/2", which means it's only has a 12.7mm throttle bore. Almost any carb will work on just about any motor, which is a good thing. If you have the correct adapter to make it mount up go for it.

What I would do is measure the bore of the stock carb. You will want something the same size or a bit bigger then it. With the stock car being so expensive I would also go after market too. But make sure you take good measurements. You don't want to get something that you will need more things to make it work.

On the spark if it's a old points motor you can remove all the hardware and clean it up. Make sure nothing is grounding out to cause to not to fire. If it's electronic you should clean the flywheel surface, and clean the coil also. There can be many things wrong with the spark not getting to the spark plug.

It will be best if you can get a picture of the motor, and carb. That way we can help you even better.

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
The pictures are cool, but everything is together. I can't really see the trouble spots. LOL I can see the carb, and the setup is pretty much made like the 90cc pocket bike motors.

I think my friend has one for those in his back yard. I will have to check it out next time I'm over there.