Comanche 133cc with Alexander Reynolds engine

Hi guys. My uncle had this mini bike in his basement since I was a little kid (45 now) and gave it to me a few years ago. I tried to get it started but ended up breaking the kick start arm off. I can't find a pic of a similar one online and wondered if any of you may have any info on this thing. I am wanting to get it running for my 12yo son, at least that's what I tell my wife, but not sure on where to get the right parts. The brake lever and cable has broken as well. I'm not sure on the age of this but was thinking I should try to go with original parts and not totally replace a bunch of stuff. What do you think? Thanks in advance! Jason
20150423_203808.jpg 20150423_203832.jpg 20150423_203902.jpg 20150423_203913.jpg 20150423_203934.jpg

Rupp 72

An ARCO Comanche, it has a AH817MB Tecumseh 2 stroke engine on it. They are very hard to find parts to get running unfortunately. I believe they put out somewhere around 5hp

An ARCO Comanche, it has a AH817MB Tecumseh 2 stroke engine on it. They are very hard to find parts to get running unfortunately. I believe they put out somewhere around 5hp
Thanks for the info Rupp! Not exactly great news but news none the less. So do you think I should think about just replacing that engine? I'll do some digging for parts too. I'm finally determined to get thing running by spring, hopefully:thumbsup:

I've never seen that ARCO before, very cool. You should be able to replace the brake lever relatively easily with a new one. There are definitely suitable replacements for those that look very similar. The cable can be purchased at the old mini bike warehouse. As for the kickstart arm, what's it look like?

Hi AJax. I figured the brake would be fairly easy. I'll get a couple pics of the arm and post them. I would have figured I could find a similar pic of this bike online but I never have. I kinda wondered about it's value to see if it was worth fixing or to just let it go for few bucks and get something new. Thanks!

Hi guys. I pulled this back out of the shed and realized it wasn't the kick start arm that was broke. It is a piece inside there, not sure on name but here it is :
20160227_150048.jpg
Everything else is on the engine. When I spin the wheel I can hear the air being compressed. I think if I get this piece and give it a little love it should start.
20160227_145932.jpg 20160227_151736.jpg
So, anyone have one of these laying around?!? Thanks!

Last edited: