Come out all

joshua. c.

this post has no location listed and your avatar doesn't either. in order to get attendance you need to let people know what city and state an even is in.

cfh

i'm not sure how Studz could have a 'show' at their place. They are right on Telegraph (a divided 6 lane highway). And their parking lot is about 4 spaces. Frankly my garage is bigger than their parking lot. And you would have to be crazy to take a minibike on Telegraph road. You will die. How could this even work?

Maybe they're using the bank's parking lot next door for parking, and their own lot for the burnout contest. The bank is closed on Saturday. Of course all of this could be answered with a simple phone call, but what would be the fun of that? 313-563-1058. :laugh:

Lol... 2 funny... I figure they will make space cause of the car cruise... yeah, keep your head on a a swivel on the graph...

Sent from my SM-J327T1 using Tapatalk

cfh

Car cruise is on Woodward not telegraph. So people aren’t looking for minibikes and hot rods on telegraph. I’m sure there’s some spillover but telegraph is a long way from Woodward. Basically the car cruise goes through Royal Oak to Birmingham. All the rich suburbs. Telegraph on the other hand goes through Detroit and Dearborn, which is not what I would call the rich suburbs. Travel speeds on telegraph are a lot higher than Woodward so it seems.

As for calling studs, what a colossal waste of time. When you go in there you can’t get a straight answer out of anybody. I get the impression that they just want to take your money and then get you out the door. If you have any questions, they don’t have time for it or don’t wanna make time. I guess that’s a reasonable stance given who they’re dealing with - bunch of cheap customers that don’t have a clue about anything. Which would probably includes me. Studs is good if you know exactly what you want. Because if you don’t, it just never works out there. They’re not the hand-holding types. Also they are hardware store. Which means half the personnel there don’t know anything about Minibikes. so calling them on the phone gives you a low percentage of talking to somebody that knows anything. Eric obviously knows a lot, but he's not usually there. And he's a bit odd to talk to, he seems like his head is in 10 places. That's just been my experience. Obviously your mileage will vary.

Last edited:
Studz has always been very helpful to our broke down bike situations. No matter if phone, emails or in person, the staff has always followed through with answers to questions. Their “go fast” bike parts are shiny.
I googled the event and Telegraph will be closed to Northbound and Southbound regular traffic for the event hours. Sounds like a fun time. “Hey” to Eric for me please.
Thanks for the heads-up on this event.

I'll stop by Studz to look at the minibikes but I'll have my old car and "Cruisin the Graph" so I can't bring a minibike.
That day is a Huge car Cruise. It is like a small version of the "Dream Cruise" on Woodward.

cfh, please go out to Telegraph on the 28th. You will be surprised now many cars are cruisin that day :)

I have always had a good luck buying parts from Studz. Sorry to read you had bad experiences there.

Im gonna throw my mini in the back of my jeep if my ole lady going.... if not I'm riding out there....

Sent from my SM-J327T1 using Tapatalk

I've had pretty good luck at Studz, but I also know to talk to Eric if he is there. There's a couple of young guys that don't know squat and you had better know what you need because they are not much help. I posted on their facebook event asking where parking was. Doubt I can make it though.

cfh

What about the Candyman mini bike drag races at Milan dragway this friday July 27th? it's not on Milan's website. Is that still on? are people going to that?