Come out all

It would be cruising Tele bro... I'm thinking from Dearborn hts. To Redford since Taylor don't want mini bikes and golf carts on there city streets... I hope we can also...

Sent from my SM-J327T1 using Tapatalk

Evan it was good talking with you. You’ll have to bring your bike out to Milan on the 11th and race. I got lots of pics and will post them when I have time.

Evan it was good talking with you. You’ll have to bring your bike out to Milan on the 11th and race. I got lots of pics and will post them when I have time.
You too man! I have been working crazy hours so I was a little out of it but i'm glad I came out. Thanks for all the help and for letting me ask you a zillion questions! I am gonna try to get some new gears (and the Mercedes Benz badges/hood ornament I plan to throw on there for good measure haha... I already ordered the badges), before the Milan event... and I will definitely be there. I looked on the site though and the 11th is listed as a Youth Drag event along with some other Series on the same day? Is the Super Saturday thing in addition to that? I work 83 hours next week (yes, 83.)... so, if the race IS going on, i'll be there... but I will be more like a robot powered by espresso and black tea. :-D

I also noticed that in the Milan videos on youtube... some mini riders were very clearly not wearing leathers of any type, not even a jacket... but Milan lists a leather jacket as a requirement. So... is that not a strict rule? My motorcycle jacket I use on my actual bike is like 18 Lb's and is armored... and i'm fatter than i've ever been... so, if I can get away with my rip-stop military BTU jacket.... i'd like to shave off that extra 16 lbs or so...

I do believe I am WRONG about the next race at Milan Dragway. There are some Candyman races on Fridays out there. They are put on by Studz. They are $50 to enter the race, $10 to watch. It looks like the next Super Saturday race at Milan is on September 29th, $20 to race and $10 to watch.

Milan has not really been enforcing their rules about the gear for mini bikes. Some of the guys out there wear something that is just a little more than a MX chest protector with elbows. Milan lists a leather jacket. I wear my textile motorcycle jacket when it is hot. If it were me I would bring the leather, but wear your other lighter jacket. Then if they say anything you still got it covered and can race. Their rules also say ankle high boots, but you will see plenty of tennis shoes out there. It will only take one person to crash and they will then enforce all of the rules.

I wear a leather/textile perforated motorcycle jacket, jeans, armored gloves, and some sneakers. I brought boots, but they didn't say anything.

A lot of guys on 60+ mph bikes still didn't have brakes and were dragging their feet at the top end...

To be honest, a lot of clowns and BS at the last event at Milan.

Last edited:
I wear a leather/textile perforated motorcycle jacket, jeans, armored gloves, and some sneakers. I brought boots, but they didn't say anything.

A lot of guys on 60+ mph bikes still didn't have brakes and were dragging their feet at the top end...

To be honest, a lot of clowns and BS at the last event at Milan.
Yes, Milan could use to enforce their rules and have a security presence. They have security people, but you don't see them that often. Last year I was out there on a Friday bike night race, racing my KZ1000. I witnessed a few things that left me a bit concerned. First was a group across the pit lane from me and another group right next to me smoking pot. I don't have an issue with it as long as the guys racing were not partaking, but in one case I know they were. Another was a guy that paid to race and then was letting his buddies take passes on his bike. Lastly and probably the worst offense was a guy who rode up into the pit lanes, parked his bike, and then pulled a tall boy out of his hoodie pocket. I know I should have turned him in, but as long as he did not line up next to me I wasn't going to.

When I was just a kid I use to work at the track (in the late 70's). I know for a fact they were a lot more stringent about the rules. If you got caught drinking back then you have been banned from the track. The owners of the track at that time, Cliff and Barb Riley, were top notch people and really cared about things. I don't get that same feeling now.

Yes, Milan could use to enforce their rules and have a security presence. They have security people, but you don't see them that often. Last year I was out there on a Friday bike night race, racing my KZ1000. I witnessed a few things that left me a bit concerned. First was a group across the pit lane from me and another group right next to me smoking pot. I don't have an issue with it as long as the guys racing were not partaking, but in one case I know they were. Another was a guy that paid to race and then was letting his buddies take passes on his bike. Lastly and probably the worst offense was a guy who rode up into the pit lanes, parked his bike, and then pulled a tall boy out of his hoodie pocket. I know I should have turned him in, but as long as he did not line up next to me I wasn't going to.

When I was just a kid I use to work at the track (in the late 70's). I know for a fact they were a lot more stringent about the rules. If you got caught drinking back then you have been banned from the track. The owners of the track at that time, Cliff and Barb Riley, were top notch people and really cared about things. I don't get that same feeling now.
Shit man... I do private contract security work.... wonder if they'd be interested in having my company run security for them? We have a great reputation.

I finally cut down my hours from 84 a week to 70... so I have an extra day off starting this weekend. If I can find the time, i'm gonna get my bike ready for Milan. I'll be installing a split sprocket adapter w/ split 57 rear sprocket (12t clutch), a Chikuni 22mm carb along with 130 main jet, and a racing chain to replace my crappy ebay one (i'm 215 lbs right now... so i'm trying to limit stretch... and cheeseburgers..)... and I installed a GPS speedo (same one I used on my motorcycle before my speedometer worked...) on my phone to get a rough idea of speed. Without a wheelie bar, i'm kinda concerned i'm gonna end up on my butt...

Oh, and Moe, in regards to my clutch... I remember talking to you about clutches and how mine looked like a Max Torque. Well, I checked on my ebay purchase history, and my clutch is made by some company called "Blast LED"... lol.... so i'm assuming i'll be in the market for a new clutch soon... and i'll probably go with a Max Torque SS 12t.... depending on how I feel after this rear sprocket is on...

btw: Will the mini's be at Milan on the 29th or the 31st? For some reason I thought I remember hearing it would be the 31st? Regardless.... unless something happens between now and then, i'll be there.

Last edited: