Comet gurus step inside

cfh

i've done side by side comparisons of the series30 comet and clones. i can't tell any difference. i think the belt plays a bigger role. but i'm not spinning high rpms either. i think if you have a very high performance motor it may make a difference. but i'm using tecumseh hs50 in somewhat stock format.

trailramdan

i've done side by side comparisons of the series30 comet and clones. i can't tell any difference. i think the belt plays a bigger role. but i'm not spinning high rpms either. i think if you have a very high performance motor it may make a difference. but i'm using tecumseh hs50 in somewhat stock format.
Mine will be a very stock motor

I run a 20 series setup on a built Star in my Rupp. For the first two years it was both clone driver and driven. I did end up breaking one of the posts off the weight in the clone driver and just decided to upgrade to a comet driver and lighter weight at the same time and have no complaints. I am still running the clone driven, bent it, straightened it out and it’s never given me issues. I have always run a comet belt though, I actually just replaced my belt for the first time this year but still had plenty of life left on the old one

I run a 20 series setup on a built Star in my Rupp. For the first two years it was both clone driver and driven. I did end up breaking one of the posts off the weight in the clone driver and just decided to upgrade to a comet driver and lighter weight at the same time and have no complaints. I am still running the clone driven, bent it, straightened it out and it’s never given me issues. I have always run a comet belt though, I actually just replaced my belt for the first time this year but still had plenty of life left on the old one
I would like to see pictures of that, I like anything running a Star engine.

toomanytoys

I've ran only comet for years. I decided to do a cheap build and got a knock off on Amazon. 66 bucks complete. It works fantastic! Just as good as the comet brand so far.

Light mod predator (intake and exhaust). I am very happy.