Comet Torq-A-Verter Availability

Oldsalt

The 2010 Fall/Winter Northern Catalog came today. I, of course, turned to the scooters/go-kart page. They have a listing of TAV 'kits' and some belts. I thought there were few or none available since Comet went tits up sometime back.

MikeBear

The 2010 Fall/Winter Northern Catalog came today. I, of course, turned to the scooters/go-kart page. They have a listing of TAV 'kits' and some belts. I thought there were few or none available since Comet went tits up sometime back.
I've read on several sites, that the company that bought all the rights and left over stock from Comet, is supposedly ramping up production, and is going to continue to produce and sell these in the very near future. There's a few on-line companies, (such as Northern tool) basically taking back-orders now, and sending the TAV's when they get them. IF they get them that is.

Hent

I've been in touch with the company who took over Comet, and everytime I get an answer it's "The end of this month" and last time we spoke 2-3 weeks ago, it was "5-6 weeks"

So I'm guessing another 1-3 months....